Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glass texture request
09-16-2008, 08:16 AM,
Glass texture request
I would like to request, from an Oblivion texture expert, three glass textures sized 256x256 or 512x512. Either size is equally good, so which you use depends on how much space you need.

One texture should have a bluish tint, another should have a greenish tint, and the last should have a brownish tint.

The textures should be semi-transparant. You should be able to see through them, but they shouldn't be so clear as to render the texture useless (because there's already a stock texture from Oblivion for that). There should be a normal map, but it's of less importance. The specular map is more important and should probably work together with the transparancy map in that the duller areas have less specularity while the clear areas glisten much more.

It's perfectly alright to make one texture in for instance bluish tint and then just modify it to make greenish tint and brownish tint. The three textures don't have to be unique in that respect. In fact it's probably a good thing if they aren't because then the color maps can share the same normal/specular map, which saves a bit of video memory for players.

If you've played Morrowind you'll certainly recall the famous bottles seen almost everywhere. They were a staple food for cluttering interiors, and they're used a lot in our mod as well. However we don't yet have our own glass textures for them, which is a problem that has to be adressed before we can release our mod. I could switch out the texture for Oblivion's stock glass texture, and as a last resort I will, but much of the point of the bottles will be lost in doing that.

If you want to have a go at it but don't consider yourself an expert, feel free to check out Oblivion's texture in Photoshop to see how they did it before committing. The texture is called glasspain and it's used among other things in meshes\clutter\magesguild\. Thankyou in advance Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]