Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glassmine Lich
01-14-2008, 04:26 PM,
Lich Lines
Multitracked lines for the Lich quest. No effects used, just my voice times 5 Smile

EDIT: Attachments added by SACarrow 'til we get access straightened out.
03-29-2008, 07:26 AM,
Glassmine Lich
Looking at the mod on the Construction Set, I noticed that there was a quest-related Lich NPC. Of course, it was back when I downloaded the latest public release, and this Lich had no voice actor. Are you thinking of providing a voice actor for the Lich? Has it already been taken?

Thanks!
03-29-2008, 02:41 PM,

well, i a guy named AndySlayer was doing some of it, but he hasn't been on in the past month, and i'm not sure how far he ever got anyways. SACarrow's the one to ask about progress of course, so hopefully he'll chime in at some point.

The lich was my quest though (I'm everywhere in this mod), and if you'd like to give it a shot, i'd be delighted. You've got quite a bit of freedom with the lich voice if you want to try it, but there are a few things to keep in mind.
(and these go for anyone who wants to give it a shot really. they're ranked in order of importance)
1: For background information, this lich is not an evil necromancer/soulless mage-type. He came back from the dead to guard his tomb. It's an important distinction in deciding how scary to make his voice. In this case, don't make it too evil or threatening.

2: The lich, of course, doesn't really have a throat or lungs anymore, so we can assume his voice won't sound full and rich. If you can make it sound like you've got holes in your lungs, awesome! If not, consider digital modifiers and weird things like that, just to make it sound more ghostly.

3: If you want a reference for something to base if off of, i'd suggest the King of the Dead from Lord of the Rings (if you've seen it, it's the part where Aragorn goes into the paths of the dead, summons all the ghosts, etc). This is, of course, just a suggestion which you do not have to follow if you already had something in mind.

That's all i've got for now. Hopefully my list hasn't scared anyone. Nothing on it's set in stone of course, it's just what i had in mind for the Lich's voice. If you [Cambridge Spy] were implying that you wanted to work on the Lich's dialogue (of which there is a decent amount i think), go ahead.

If you don't want to do it, i'm pretty sure it's open for the taking, though SACarrow really knows more about that than i do.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
03-29-2008, 03:46 PM,

Sorry, I tried to merge Andy's post to the end of this thread, but I can't figure out how. Smile Sorry CS.

These are some lines that Andy did a couple of months back. If I remember correctly, Seniosh thought the effects were a little much, but they can at least form a basis for discussion.

Not much of a moderator,
Steve
03-29-2008, 04:07 PM,

Yeah, if i remember correctly he echoed his (already pretty scary) voice back on itself a couple times.

That's why i put guideline #1. The lich isn't supposed to be a teddy bear, but he's not trying to give the player a heart attack. He's asking for your help, so it makes sense that he wouldn't be trying to scare you away.

Not sure i saw all of those lines though, i'll check them out anyways.

Btw, is Andy still here? is he planning to do more? or did he just leave...

[edit] just after listening to some of those files, i've got another request: please speak clearly when you do these lines.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
03-30-2008, 12:44 AM,

All I wanted to confirm was that does the Lich have a voice actor. And I guess AndySlayer has got the job. If there wasn't an available voice actor for the Lich, I asked if I could do it myself.

Thanks!
03-30-2008, 01:31 AM,

Well, AndySlayer hasn't been on in a month, and he hasn't posted in almost two months, so in my mind, if you want to do the Lich's lines, you can take 'em.

Dunno what SACarrow thinks, but i'm more than willing to hear what you can do for the lich's lines.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
03-30-2008, 01:37 AM,

It's your call, Seniosh. I'm cool either way.

I IMed Andy today. He's still interested, but he doesn't know when he can do more lines quite yet. Since those lines weren't quite what you were looking for, why not let someone else try? I say go for it, CS. Smile

Steve