Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Techno Bands?
08-09-2007, 03:21 AM,
Good Techno Bands?
Can anyone recommend some good techno groups to me? I've been searching around for the top rated groups on iTunes, but they all seem to be really spacey/quiet/new-ageish-- what I'm looking for real fast catchy stuff-- similar to Darude, though less pumping/beatish sounding and more synthesizer action-- kind of like the more techno-sounding stuff by Hellogoodbye or Ozma.
08-09-2007, 04:24 AM,

I believe such things have their own sub-genre.

These days, everything does...
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
08-09-2007, 08:34 AM,

Man I got no clue what exactly the difference between techno, trance, electronic and dance is Tongue Any I always like the old Jean Michel Jarre.
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
08-09-2007, 02:48 PM,

I'd call it techno, but my iTunes disagrees and calls it electronica. Ugh. Anyway, the band i'm talking about is The Crystal Method. Vegas was their best album, imo. Community Service 1 and 2 is more of a trance, and tweekend and london are a techno/rock. The electronica albums are Vegas and Nike Original Run.

>_>

Just reviewing their albums...
I like forts! You don't like forts? Screw you.
This post has been edited 5,453 time(s), it was last edited by Beremat: Today, 53:83
08-18-2007, 04:33 AM,

Techno I dunno. Trace

Look for Theory of Trance. Guy I listened to back in 02, has free music on his site... It's not bad imo
08-18-2007, 10:13 PM,

well not necessarily techno Id say Mindless self indulgences Albums are like and insane mix of rock and techno and Rap with lots of out there lyrics and personality to almost all of their songs which are hilariously quirky and Here listen to some examples if you want
Sincerly
Green Cutlass
08-21-2007, 09:35 AM,

I've always liked Paul Oakenfold.
'Archzz' on Oblivion:
"Lots of you ppl are lucky ur comp runs it.... mine says sumthing about registering online and my ip address....i took it back"
08-21-2007, 12:43 PM,

Roni Size and Photek if you like D 'n' B.
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
08-21-2007, 09:22 PM,

Photek did some nice remixes for nine inch nails :yes:
Sincerly
Green Cutlass