Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gothic 3
10-30-2006, 12:31 AM,
Gothic 3
Does anyone know any information about this game since some of you are from Europe.

Can you have companions or mercs?

Can you have a stronghold or house?

How many Factions/Guilds there are?

Other info I would like or interest me?

And I've checked every where i can.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
10-30-2006, 12:45 AM,
RE: Gothic 3
Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
And I've checked every where I can.
Have you really? Big Grin
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
10-30-2006, 12:47 AM,

Can't wait for this one :bananarock: :bananarock:
It takes guys as simple as the Dude and Walter to make a story this complicated... and they'd really rather be bowling.
10-30-2006, 02:04 AM,

I have and im tired of lookingSad
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
10-30-2006, 02:09 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
I have and I'm tired of lookingSad
You did see the link in my post right? Smile You have a fair amount of info on that site.
10-30-2006, 02:11 AM,

Just did now lol
10-30-2006, 02:12 AM,

That game has a lot of bugs, and it's not easy...i will often stand on top of a roof and shoot all the orcs with a bow (don't use crossbows, they reload too slow).
There are no real factions or guilds, it's just the humans versus the orcs.
I did not find any ownable house or stronghold yet, and i do not expect to get one.
You can find people (often the players friends) who can join the player.
It's a fun game to play, but i don't think that it's as good as Oblivion.

I hope that helps Wink

( Edit ) And the combat system is not cool, i often attack allies instead of enemies ( bad combat A.I. )
Akavir mod leader.
10-30-2006, 02:19 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Kodama
It's a fun game to play, but I don't think that it's as good as Oblivion.
There are not many games that can be rightfully compared to Oblivion. Smile
10-30-2006, 02:22 AM,

I agree, Psychotic :yes:

Maybe D&D games, most of them are cool.
Akavir mod leader.
10-30-2006, 01:53 PM,

I spent a looong time trying to locate copies of Gothic, and Gothic 2 because I had heard the 'in some important respects' (including NPC interaction , dialogue etc) they kicked TES ass, but I was unable to locate retail CD copies on the shelves in London.

That got me interested in other games distibuted by jowood, which I bought, and discovered I could not install because they ALL had security code problems. I wasted a lot of money buying them, and found that none of the solutions on the Jowood forums actually worked for my copies (apparently there were many kinds of security code problems.) After I startede receiving e-mails to tell people my game security code (and with no way to discover if they were from legitimate service personnel or hackers) I decided to forget it Confusedhrug:

Now I avoid ALL jowood games like POISON.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman