Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Granado Espada (just a cool MMORPG)
06-19-2007, 11:18 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous
Incredible. Incredibly complex. I wish I knew what people were saying. Seriously, worst tutorial ever, coupled with sucha complex system, coupled with engrish, does not make for a user friendly game. But I like my family...
Seriously?! I found the game mechanics to be one of the simplest I've seen in a MMORPG (so simple in fact you can just leave your chars to grind at one spot while you're AFK). Having to control 3 chars at once makes everything a bit more complicated, but I like how they handled it... the controls are just like in an RTS really (point-and-click movement with commands like hold/guard, assault/attack, patrol, harvest).

Also I think the tutorial was very straight forward and clear (I hate long tuts). The translation could be improved, but I really don't think it's near bad enough for someone not to be able to understand it. This is all from my experience though. Confusedhrug:

So which chars did you create in your family?
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
06-19-2007, 11:34 PM,

Elena Kestral - A Fighter, Alesia Kestral - A Musketeer, and Artesia Kestral - An Elementalist.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
06-20-2007, 12:21 AM,

Elena Kestral - A Fighter, Alesia Kestral - A Musketeer, and Artesia Kestral - An Elementalist.
Good combination, that's what I use as well. Though I suggest making a scout, it will definitely come in handy in many places if you don't wanna waste a lot of money on pots. I sometimes switch my fighter with my scout if I want to relax and still be sure that my other chars won't die.
06-20-2007, 12:35 AM,

I'm just having difficulty getting the hang of what all to do I suppose... Anway, thanks a good deal for turning me onto it, I'd love to get into a new mmo on the ground floor! Too bad there isn't cross nationality play... right?
06-20-2007, 12:41 AM,

Too bad there isn't cross nationality play... right?
What do you mean?

Btw, what server are you on? You play the Singapore version right?
06-20-2007, 02:50 AM,

Nope, I play the US version, I don't like lag. That's what I meant with the cross play. Was they guy telling me I could "make part of politics" or some such engrish, basicly telling me that the game just opened up? It seems like it, but I'm still a little shaky about what's going on, I have little to no sense about direction, is it essentialy get quest, kill the monster, level up. Find a higher level place, go out, kill for a while, go into town, and power up? Well I assume all MMOs are at their core, but I'd prefer if I knew about some of the long term goals or rare things to pursue. Regardless, I'm enjoying myself.

On second thought, I'm gonna go Signapore. Seems that the english version got a Gunz: The Duel treatment
06-20-2007, 11:30 AM,

Nope, I play the US version, I don't like lag. That's what I meant with the cross play. Was they guy telling me I could "make part of politics" or some such engrish, basicly telling me that the game just opened up? It seems like it, but I'm still a little shaky about what's going on, I have little to no sense about direction, is it essentialy get quest, kill the monster, level up. Find a higher level place, go out, kill for a while, go into town, and power up? Well I assume all MMOs are at their core, but I'd prefer if I knew about some of the long term goals or rare things to pursue. Regardless, I'm enjoying myself.

On second thought, I'm gonna go Signapore. Seems that the english version got a Gunz: The Duel treatment

Well the US version is crap... as I already said. Now I understand your complaints about the translation. The Singapore version is quite better and I'm sure you won't get that much lag.

As for the politics thing I think what that refers to is the choice of political forces. You can choose to join a faction (guild) and the faction you join chooses to align itself with the royalists or the republicans... or remain neutral.

What you can do in-game: There's the obvious grinding (always take hunt missions so it isn't completely pointless) of course, there are quests (some boring, some good), at the end of many quests you can duel a unique NPC and usually get a card for that NPC which means you will be able to create it in your barracks as your own character. Also as a part of a faction you can conquer colonies (regions) in raids against the environment or the current owners of the colony. You can also raid dungeons (though some boss quests can't be done with a squad, you have to do them solo)... ah yes, and PvP... there?s always PvP.
06-20-2007, 01:59 PM,

Oh I forgot to answer the part about "rare things to pursue"! Tongue

For each class there are costumes that you can buy for a LOT of money or get them by crafting (you can make a lot of things by crafting... like unique items for NPCs). Basically costumes are secondary armor which changes the appearance of your character regardless of the primary armor you use. In the US version you can choose these at character creation, but you don't get the extra stats. There are some costumes that can only be dropped by high lvl bosses (the "rare things to pursue").

Other specific things are getting unique NPC cards. Most NPCs have stances (and therefore skills) that are unique to them and many NPCs can wield weapons that ordinary chars can not (like shotguns, hand cannons, dual sabers, etc.). The high lvl NPCs are difficult to get and are worth a lot (both in power and in money).

And probably the most difficult things to get are veteran level upgrades (stances and stat upgrades that can only be acquired after lvl 100).
06-20-2007, 10:50 PM,

Yum :-)

The download of the new client just finished, trying to get it installed now.
06-21-2007, 02:33 AM,

I'm on Vivaldi.