Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great House Indoril
07-31-2006, 05:00 AM,
Great House Indoril
What role is Great House Indoril going to have in this mod?

From everything I have read, it appears that they are going to essentially be unplayable, and subservient to Redoran...

What lead to this decision? The rumours stating that Indoril was *ruined* and being picked apart by Dres and Hlaalu? Or is it just because they have no territory on Vvardenfell?

I realise that Indoril and Redoran are traditionally allies, and I like the idea of them coming to help Redoran out, but I feel that there should be more to the faction. Of course Indoril is hardly in a situation to offer Redoran any real support, hence the minimal role there House is seeming to play.

I was thinking they could, with the help of Redoran and Telvanni, steal some land on Vvardenfell from the Hlaalu. A form of revenge I suppose for ruining their territories on the mainland...

Perhaps the PC could be elected as a leader of sorts for the Indoril on Vvardenfell, and lead the campaign to take lands from the Hlaalu...

I just thought I would through my ideas out there, I don't know what has already been decided regarding the Great House Indoril, and how it will affect the Main-quest line of TESIV Vvardenfell.

If a re-formation of the Temple is planned, perhaps the re-formation could help to favour Indoril in some way. Or mabye it will free up some Ordinators to help Indoril rise to power again?

I am afraid I am not quite up to snuff on my Lore surrounding Indoril, but I am working on that...

disclaimer* Any ideas from Valour are clearly bias in favour of Indoril, since he RPs as one...

In closing, I just wanted to give my 2 septims regarding this Faction(?)
[Member of TESVI Vvardenfell][Affiliated with Beyond Cyrodiil]
Self-proclaimed NPC/Face Designer
Mournhold Dance!
07-31-2006, 06:13 AM,

EXPLANATION
The Indoril on Vvardenfell are either Temple or refugees or live in Vivec City
however I believe the Indoril you are talking about are the refugees...

this is the decided situation....
Morrowind is obviously split... some hlaalu don't like Helseth, most Dres don't either, but most of those aren't the nobles who do... Indoril's borders and wealth are being invaded by Dres and Hlaalu... there is a lot of turmoil....
the Dres (and Hlaalu like the noble family in Ald Velothi) that do not agree with Helseth go to bolster the Redoran or just go farther south where Helseth's policies have less control.
however a band of Indoril war veterans and refugees have decided to make a new home for themselves since they were driven from their Indoril lands. Most Indoril will stay on their lands or push into southern Telvanni land but these Indoril decide to go to Vvardenfell.
They go to Azura's Coast, the closest shore. However they find themselves in-debted to Telvanni who harbor them and are made to settle Telasero (they sieze the Dagoth fortress with help from ordinators), Molag Mar, as well as forming small communities at the old Velothi towers of Mawia and Odirniran. Some however do go to join the Redoran, but most stay in their small pockets of land, paying a small tribute to Tel Branora and strengthening the Telvanni border.
However, though they serve as a buffer for the Telvanni, they answer to the Redoran. Molag Mar, the unofficial capitol of this unofficial refugees group is not only guarded by Indoril now, but already has Redoran, Armiger, and Ordinator guards. The Redoran now send extra supplies to Molag Mar which are in part distributed to the Indoril.

However the Indoril refugees aren't without enemies. The Telvanni have weakly defended borders, thus needed desperate and hardy indoril to serve as a buffer. The Hlaalu too had a weak border, thus Mzanch and Bal Fell are taken by Mages, the Hlaalo Keep is built by the Hlaalo Clan and Dres corsairs financed by Helseth supporting Dres nobles, guard the waters. The Indoril's main enemy in their shifting buffer-territory's borders will be the Dres corsairs.

[/hr]

as for your idea.. it sounds good... however the Dres and Indoril will noyl play minimal parts in the Great House War... and there will be a few quests in Hlaalu that deal with Dres and Redoran that deal with Indoril... they will be presentin battles but play only a small role elsewhere.
07-31-2006, 07:42 PM,

Thanks for that Smile Sounds like Molag Mar is going to be a pretty interesting place, combination of all my favourtie factions.

So just to be clear, the Indoril aren't going to have quests and will not be joinable? But they will play a part in the Great House War?
Mournhold Dance!
07-31-2006, 07:44 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Valour
Thanks for that Smile Sounds like Molag Mar is going to be a pretty interesting place, combination of all my favourtie factions.

So just to be clear, the Indoril aren't going to have quests and will not be joinable? But they will play a part in the Great House War?
Redoran and Telvanni will have a few quests dealing with them... but no quests from them as a factions... however in the miscellaneous quests of Molag Mar you will help them out... you know what I mean?
every place has a few miscellaneous quests...
07-31-2006, 07:50 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
Redoran and Telvanni will have a few quests dealing with them... but no quests from them as a factions... however in the miscellaneous quests of Molag Mar you will help them out... you know what I mean?

I got ya :explained: Are any of those quests already planned? I'd be willing to help if possible...
Mournhold Dance!
07-31-2006, 07:55 PM,

I got ya Tongue Are any of those quests already planned? I'd be willing to help if possible...
actually I am planning to make a compilation of misc. quests... there will probably be like 20-30 of them.... so yeah, maybe... but wait till I make the outline then you know how to start it...
cause I will be making the outline according to region and town... kinda weird for me to explain
07-31-2006, 09:37 PM,
RE: Great House Indoril
I was thinking they could, with the help of Redoran and Telvanni, steal some land on Vvardenfell from the Hlaalu. A form of revenge I suppose for ruining their territories on the mainland...

Perhaps the PC could be elected as a leader of sorts for the Indoril on Vvardenfell, and lead the campaign to take lands from the Hlaalu...
This could be changed to raiding a Dres Harbour and burning some boats, etc...

as for your idea.. it sounds good...

Do you think there is any futrue for it? Like mabye appearing as a sort of misc. side-quest thingy?

Sorry to keep at this subject... :guar:
Mournhold Dance!
08-01-2006, 01:38 AM,

well as for Temple helping the Indoril... yeah cause Telasero is a 6th House base... and Indoril need another hold to settle.. so Ordinators will help the indoril clear the area...
also I think Vivec will be reforming the Temple, a lot of Ordinators will be "laid off" and told to go back to their Houses or keep peace instead of being active warriors