Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great preview with new info
07-28-2005, 03:54 PM,
Great preview with new info
Excerpt from the full article on Gamesradar.

Quote:Persuasion - which previously degenerated into bribing people until they told you what you wanted - has come a particularly long way.

When executive producer Todd Howard decided to put the moves on a bookseller he liked the look of, the new interface popped up.

It's a disc with the four compass points labelled with methods of persuasion: joke, admire intimidate, and taunt. You position your cursor for the right balance of methods you think will work, all the while watching their face intently.

If you veer toward the obsequious end of flattery, you'll elicit a scowl of distaste as your sycophancy becomes transparent.

Once you find a sweetspot between adulation and cool, it'll be obvious from their expression that they're amenable to your tone; so you let go of the mouse button and they react to your line for real.

Todd went for a mostly jokey angle, and when he released the mouse button the bookseller chuckled appreciatively: "An orc in a dress? That's a good one."

A few more classic jibes at greenskin cross-dressing later, and he got her talking about the attacks on the town. Now much more open with him, the bookseller admitted the violence was starting to scare her.

In fact, she could use someone like him around for protection. Would he care to stay the night? He would.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-28-2005, 05:09 PM,

Awesome! I so wish that they would hurry up and release the movie for us to watch. This makes me want the game even more that before... which is hard to imagine..
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
08-12-2005, 10:06 PM,
RE: Great preview with new info
Quote:In fact, she could use someone like him around for protection. Would he care to stay the night? He would.
Holy hemlock...it appears that I may not have to produce any adult mods for Oblivion after all! :alert: :alert: :alert:
There are conditions of the nerve endings, the likes of which your imagination, no matter how fevered, could not possibly hope to evoke.
08-12-2005, 10:28 PM,
RE: Great preview with new info
Quote:Originally posted by Cenobite
Quote:In fact, she could use someone like him around for protection. Would he care to stay the night? He would.
Holy hemlock...it appears that I may not have to produce any adult mods for Oblivion after all! :alert: :alert: :alert:

I'm sure you will. One dev said early on that he'd never want to see nudity in the game because it would draw attention away from the focus of the game, or something along those lines. I'm looking towards Psychodog Studios to save the day and bring us some poontang yet again... and you to make judicious use of them Wink
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]