Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings and Ideas
08-03-2007, 09:01 PM,
Greetings and Ideas
Hello, all. I'm a new member, though I've been reading these forums for quite a while, eagerly anticipating the release of Vvardenfell for Oblivion.
Following is a short list of some things I'd really like to see on TES4: Vvardenfell:
Fargoth's Ring (he's lost it again, and needs you to help him find it)
Chitin armor (I've seen this mentioned in other threads, just giving my support to the idea)
Dwemer ruins (I so want to giggle again as I return to Arkngthunch and Bthungthums (whoever came up with the names for the Dwemer ruins had a great sense of humor))
M'Aiq (maybe instead of having two M'Aiqs, his script could just be extended to include several places across Morrowind, or he could simply relocate to Vvardenfell at the end of the Main Quest (though the one-M'Aiq-for-each-province idea isn't bad, either))
Buoyant Armigers and Ordinators (I think both should be joinable factions, but they should be like the Great Houses, i.e. you can't join both)

Well, these are just a few ideas off the top of my head. I'm no artist or programmer, and I've barely ever touched the CS, otherwise I might actually work on some of these. I am a fairly good writer, though, so I could potentially work on books, if that's needed.
08-03-2007, 09:28 PM,

:lmao: Pretty much every single one of your ideas were planned anyway, so it's all good! :goodjob:

Quote:Fargoth's Ring (he's lost it again, and needs you to help him find it)

I like the idea, as a small miscellaneous quest. This would obviously be in Seyda Neen. Fargoth can find you, and ask about his ring which he had stolen. You then ask around and the Imperials (just as before) have the ring. You find whoever has it, and ask for it back and they'll give you it without question (they like to play pranks on him, but sometimes feel that enough is enough). How about if, for a little laugh, the Imperials also give you a 'fake ring', that looks just like Fargoth's. Instead it would be enchanted with a special spell that does something to harm or embarrass him or something. I don't know. Just an idea, to make it a little different from the MW quest.

Quote:Chitin armor (I've seen this mentioned in other threads, just giving my support to the idea)

I'd love Chitin back. I attempted (when I first started learning modeling) to make the armour pieces, but it was quite hard (obsiously as I hadn't experience, and found it harder than I thought it would be). The cuirass didn't actually turn out so bad IMO, but that was all I could make look like Chitin. Everything else was awful. I'm learning Max now, and I'd love to try again sometime.

Quote:Dwemer ruins (I so want to giggle again as I return to Arkngthunch and Bthungthums (whoever came up with the names for the Dwemer ruins had a great sense of humor))

RideWithTheWind recently completed the exterior tileset (which looks brilliant) for the Dwemer ruins, so we now have assets, should we be allowed to use them. Don't worry though, all the previous Dwemer ruins (and potentially more, if any were missed out or anything) including those built in the Red Mountain region will be featured. They'll look great from a distance, built into Red Mountain.

M'Aiq will definitely appear. This is 6 years after Oblivion's setting, and he does tend to move around a lot. I think your idea is good. Having him run around the island like in Cyrodiil would be interesting and cool... but he'd return to his little fishing spot every now and then for a break.

I'm, not sure about the Ordinator/Armiger idea, perhaps check through the planned quests and factions, maybe they will be joinable. Sounds good though. We have a lot of factions already mind you, so they probably are planned somewhere. Wink
08-03-2007, 09:37 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Dave_91
:lmao: Pretty much every single one of your ideas were planned anyway, so it's all good! :goodjob:

[quote]Fargoth's Ring (he's lost it again, and needs you to help him find it)

I like the idea, as a small miscellaneous quest. This would obviously be in Seyda Neen. Fargoth can find you, and ask about his ring which he had stolen. You then ask around and the Imperials (just as before) have the ring. You find whoever has it, and ask for it back and they'll give you it without question (they like to play pranks on him, but sometimes feel that enough is enough). How about if, for a little laugh, the Imperials also give you a 'fake ring', that looks just like Fargoth's. Instead it would be enchanted with a special spell that does something to harm or embarrass him or something. I don't know. Just an idea, to make it a little different from the MW quest.
quote]

Perhaps you could have it so the that Nord who askes you to help him collect Fargoth's taxes (the quest where you have to watch where he outs his loot from the lighthouse) in Morrowind has claimed the ring and you have to do a small quest for him and in return he promises to give you the ring.

However it turns out he was lying and doesn't have the ring, but tells you that a certain Imperial at the bar (in Arille's Tradehouse, of course) was bragging about a magical ring he'd confiscated from a wussy-lookin wood-elf who'd passed through the Customs and Excercise Office...

hell... that wasn't bad aye? I should write questlines more often Tongue

Edd
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
08-03-2007, 09:42 PM,

I think it'd be funny if the real ring had water breathing on it, and the fake didn't. Then in the quest pop-up it'd say you have the ring, but something fishy is going on, and maybe you should look into it.
Then you can either look into it, or not. If not, then he takes the ring jumps into the nearby bay, and if its the fake he drowns. lol. :lmao:
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
08-03-2007, 09:45 PM,

Quote:hell... that wasn't bad aye? I should write questlines more often

:lol: You probably should, that's a good idea. I think is name was Hriskaar Flat-Foot, or something like that. That would extend the quest a bit. I like that.

Quote:I think it'd be funny if the real ring had water breathing on it, and the fake didn't.
Hehe, not bad, not bad. We'll have to see what others think. With scripting, we can do some pretty interesting stuff.
08-03-2007, 09:48 PM,

lol. Ah I was just screwin' around. But if they like it, then by all means do it. It'd add a great comic relief element.
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
08-04-2007, 01:38 AM,
Re: Fake Ring
I love the fake ring idea. What would be even better is if there were a way for the player to get *both* rings, and be allowed to keep the fake ring (which would have the healing power but not the water breathing) as a reward.

So, the list of possible outcomes for this quest could be:
1. The player gets the fake ring, but doesn't realize it. He gives it to Fargoth, who tries to go swimming with it, and drowns. (Or starts to, dashes back to shore, and yells at the player.)
2. The player gets the fake ring, somehow figures out it's fake, but still gives it to Fargoth. Fargoth isn't entirely happy, but takes it anyway.
3. The player finds the real ring, gives it to Fargoth, and gets some minor reward.
4. The player finds *both* rings, gives the real one to Fargoth, and gets the fake ring as a reward.

Of course, Fargoth's ring only had healing in TESIII. The addition of water breathing could be explained by saying he got it 'upgraded', somehow.

Maybe, if the player winds up following the second path listed above, Fargoth could ask the player to find out who's behind the repeated theft of his ring, and try to get the real one back. I actually like this the best.
I vote for the 'official' Fargoth questline to run like this: Fargoth walks up to the player and asks for his assistance in recovering his lost ring. This time, it's on the table in the Census & Excise Bureau (where you pick up the dagger in TESIII), with a note saying that it's a fake, and that it should be given to Fargoth instead of the real one if he asks for it. The player brings the ring and note back to Fargoth, who thanks him, then asks for help in finding who's behind it, as well as the real ring. If the player asks around (the Dunmer at the lighthouse (can't remember her name) could be the person the player is eventually directed to), he finds out that Hriskar Flat-Foot and a buddy of his in the Imperial Legion are behind everything (including, perhaps, the original theft 6 years ago). If the player promises not to expose them, they hand the ring back. Of course, the player would still be free to expose them, which would cause them to disappear (to jail), give the player a Disposition boost with most of the locals and the Imperial Legion (you caught one of their officers committing crimes. They *really* don't like it when their officers commit crimes.), and Fargoth gives you the fake ring as a reward. (It's not a very powerful healing ring, but hey, it's a healing ring.)
What do you think? Too complicated?
08-04-2007, 11:47 AM,

no i think its good. I think a complex and original side-quest is a good thing. There were far too many generic quests in vanilla oblivion.

Edd
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
08-04-2007, 01:32 PM,

Me too, I like the idea. :goodjob:
08-04-2007, 10:20 PM,

Here is my little idea. After the Morrowind/Tribunal events and the fall of ALMSIVI, the Temple of Tribunal was reformed. But it would be good to have a small remote temple with fanatics of the old faith, still hating Nerevarine and the Holamayan priests, believing that ALMSIVI are still around....