Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guild Quests
03-17-2006, 03:46 AM,

Quote:The Pocket Guide to the Empire: Valenwood

While sometimes amusing, the Bosmer have a bestial side. They can resort to animal shapes if they need to, or water. Their most dreaded transformation is the Wild Hunt, which killed King Borgas for the "iniquities" of his Alessian faith. The Wild Hunt is a pack of shifting forest-demons and animal-gods, thousands strong, which sweeps through the countryside killing everything its path. The Wood Elves do not like to talk about the Hunt, and I gather they do not feel proud of this power at all-Gomini, my Bosmer companion of late, tells me that the Hunt is used for justice, but that also, "every monster in the world that has ever been comes from a previous Hunt. Those Bosmer that go Wild, they do not return."
"change the world..."

"Blinding light, bind my foes unbreakable chains... Disperse the shadows! Ray of Paralysis!"
~Saradin Carm

Quisque casus ab oraculo antecedetur. Sed sine heroe, non est casus.
03-17-2006, 04:39 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
O what about trade princes fighting for land and stuff like that?
sounds like a good idea to me....

"I second that motion"
03-17-2006, 06:39 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by DragoonWraith

Quote:Originally posted by Smight
For the mages guild I think it should have a neat little twist. In Elsweyr, there is a big business for converting moonsugar into skooma and creating liqours. Naturally mages would want to keep all alchemy in house and so the major functions of the mages guild should revolve around collecting alchemical supplies and distibuting them. They will still perform many of the same functions of the other mages guild but everything will have an overtone of "How will this help us sell more sujamma and skooma.
Sujamma? Pretty sure that's a Morrowind local drink. The Skooma business sounds reasonable, and I could see it working well with the fact that the Guild of Mages is Imperial - I'm guessing Moon Sugar is not illegal in Elsweyr, and therefore neither is Skooma - but the Khajiit's real interest is in the Sugar, not the Skooma - it is the Imperial, who care not for the Sugar, but only for the Money, who feel the need to turn it into Skooma for profit.

Yea you're probably right about the sujamma, but there will probably be equivilants of distilled liqours. Though it's not even really necessary for them to control liqours.

It's true moonsugar and skooma are not illegal in Elsweyr. From what it says in the pocket guide, khajiit are the most likely to turn to skooma addiction, so there would be a big market within elsweyr. There are probably more khajiit that see skooma as a perversion of the moonsugar, but there are probably quite a few that see it as a way to get even closer to the gods. Most likely the imperials in the mages guild just see it as a way to exploit the khajiit beliefs to make a tidy profit. Big Grin
03-17-2006, 02:50 PM,

It's true moonsugar and skooma are not illegal in Elsweyr. From what it says in the pocket guide, khajiit are the most likely to turn to skooma addiction, so there would be a big market within elsweyr. There are probably more khajiit that see skooma as a perversion of the moonsugar, but there are probably quite a few that see it as a way to get even closer to the gods. Most likely the imperials in the mages guild just see it as a way to exploit the khajiit beliefs to make a tidy profit. Big Grin
Though it doesn't really seem Mage-like...
"change the world..."

"Blinding light, bind my foes unbreakable chains... Disperse the shadows! Ray of Paralysis!"
~Saradin Carm

03-17-2006, 03:08 PM,

in TES... the Mages and Fighters Guilds are more of the 'uphold Imperial law and honor" types and are the 'good guilds'
Thieves, Dark brotherhood, etc. are the illegal types....

but perhaps the head of the Elsewyr Mages Guild has gone corrupt?
03-17-2006, 03:32 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
in TES... the Mages and Fighters Guilds are more of the 'uphold Imperial law and honor" types and are the 'good guilds'

That's the only reasonable thinking, but it seems odd for a new initiate to be aware of that... I suppose we could rewrite it where this is a closely guarded secret, which you only learn of late in the guild... but what shall the guild's "front" be? Standard Imperial magery, I'm sure, but in TES3, there are Morrowind specific things being done (most notably Edwinna's Dwemer quests and Trebonius's Disappearance of the Dwarves quest), what might there be for Elsweyr? Any interesting ruins around (other than Rimmen)? I suppose there could be tombs in the deep desert (though as much as I'd love to see one, I don't see the Khajiit building a pyramid), those could be worth studying. Any native magick to study? I'd imagine that there are some crazy Khajiiti lunar magicks to look into, find out what they're doing.

Could be some Guild/Temple strife, due to the Guild wanting to study the Temple's rituals, and the Temple not wanting to be bothered from their study of the moons and the Lunar Lattice. Quite different from the Tribunal/Guild strife of Morrowind, where their was a distinct mutual exclusiveness.
"change the world..."

~Saradin Carm

03-17-2006, 04:53 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA

My main thought was that mages guild would mainly be an imperial run operation because Elsweyr would already have a mages type outfit that is almost entirely alfiq(sp?). Any of the basic services you could get from the mages guild you can get from them. The only problem is that alfiq can't speak any language that other khajiit understand so they don't make very good teachers for the other khajiit. The only way for a non-alfiq khajiit to learn magic is by going to the unsavory imperial mages guild.

I was sort of having the same idea for the fighters guild as to why they don't really do that much typical fighters guild stuff. There would be little schools in all of the towns that teach the khajiit way of fighting and simple weapon use, so there isn't a big need for an imperial guild of fighters in the province.

I like that guild/temple idea.
03-17-2006, 05:04 PM,

The only thing is that the Fighters' Guild and the Mages' Guild are both Imperial guilds that exist across the continent. It makes little sense for the ones in Elsweyr be completely different from the ones in other provinces...
"change the world..."

~Saradin Carm