Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harbor development
02-04-2009, 12:45 PM,
Harbor development
One of the few big jobs left in the city of Soluthis is the harbor area. If you know a bit about the city then the harbor is meant to be situated near the vineyard in the west, around the place where there's currently blocks placed on the shoreline. Roughly in the cell -16,40 (Check the overview map)

Here is a concept art sketch by Kuukulgur of how he thought a Redoran harbor could look:

Nothing's decided yet though, other than roughly where in the city the harbor will be. It's the only logical place for it that I can think of, though if anyone has a differing opinion then I would of course want to take that into consideration.

- Do you have any other thoughts about the harbor?
- Do you have ideas you'd like to pitch?
- Are you good at drawing and would like to share your own vision of how Soluthis' harbor could look?
- Or maybe you would even be interested in creating the harbor models?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
02-05-2009, 11:42 AM,

perhaps some of the resourses in mr siikas better posts may be of some use?

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=15648
02-06-2009, 05:02 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Wizard of thay
perhaps some of the resourses in mr siikas better posts may be of some use?

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=15648

It's a good tip, thankyou, though his work on ports leans more towards general medieval/fantasy, while Redoran stuff is quite alien by comparison. I don't think there's a ready counterpart in the real world to which the Redoran culture can be likened. But they do lean towards using stone and masonry a lot, as opposed to using wood or metal, and they like to mimic shapes from nature.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
02-07-2009, 09:27 AM,

If there aren't any other opinions on the subject then I suppose I'll move forward with making a harbor based on Kuukulgur's concept art.

I think it's quite good, albeit not very detailed and that's something I would have liked to go for; Aiming for a lower facecount to allow a high amount of detail. Overhangs, debris, equipment, medieval-like machinery, lamps, etc - just a ton of stuff to make it look interesting, busy and alive.

Edit 2009-02-08 13:20 C.E.T.: Thanks to TheImperialDragon for making me aware of something that should have been obvious to me -- the river in Soluthis isn't connected to the ocean Wink So right now the harbor would be pointless because there's no trade to be done. But I'll investigate our landmass in the CS and see if I can come up with a suggestion on how to connect the river in Soluthis to Deepen Moor, which in turn is connected to the ocean.
Angel mired in filth
11-16-2009, 08:35 PM,
Dock
I know this is kind of offloading, but if there are any docks then I know that Mr Siika has ports, ships AND siege engine resources available - I dont know if they're incorporated but they really are great!!!!

OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE THE POST TWO UP SORRY!!!!!
OMGWTFBBQ!....
...Yeah well, shut up
11-17-2009, 02:37 PM,
RE: Dock
NP. Smile

We use Mr Siika's resources for Steadhelm, Razorwing is mostly using unique assets for Soluthis.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD