Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heightmap links
09-18-2006, 02:02 AM,

Lets share models and resources, thats what I mean. If I see you have a model that would really help my mod, or a script, or whatever, let me have it. Sharing Resources.
"Your love of the Halfling's leaf has clearly slowed your mind."
-Saruman

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything."
-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-18-2006, 02:22 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Grey Wizard
Lets share models and resources, thats what I mean. If I see you have a model that would really help my mod, or a script, or whatever, let me have it. Sharing Resources.
don't worry... we aren't like stricton our materials... though people like credit... man this is Beyond Cyrodiil.... we share... it like... expected... :goodjob:
09-18-2006, 03:41 AM,

OK, I'm starting an ESP named Black Marshes v1.0 and it will contain the height map and the wilderness with all the marshes generated. If we don't like it we can deleat it. BRB with some ingame stuff, I'll show you guys my take on a marsh. Heres my base work map.

[Image: Racemap09S.jpg]

edit: Ok, I finished the Height Map. It's not everything I wanted it to be, but it's accurate to the shape. I hope you like it because I'm not too exsited about the thought of doing that again. I will if I have to, but only if it's too small or somthing. I know there should be mountains near the border zones, those wont be a problem to add, but I wanted to see if this was good enough before I started making it to fancy. Note I made this with the CS, and not Terra-Gen. We don't really need Terra-Gen for such a flat "mashland" kind of map, but if you want me to redo it in Terra-gen PM me.

[Image: 8553wj8.jpg]

OMFG does this much land take a long time to save, nothing I'm not used to though. Just was soo sooo soo very happy with the limited time I had to save and it would in 3 seconds. Big Grin Those days are over :'(
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-18-2006, 04:00 PM,

I was hoping that I would get a quick responce now that the Height Map is well underway, but it appears to have not gotton any intrest, it's been 11 hours since I posted this height map and still nothing to hear from. Sombody interested in making this beta an awsome reality reply ASAP.
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-18-2006, 04:13 PM,

Post it in another thread aswell, the architecture one where you disucussed it, damn good job btw.
To answer your question, yes. But probably no.
09-21-2006, 12:43 AM,

HEIGHT MAP TUTORIAL
By White Bit, Ashures Memorial, Adventure Middle-earth

This is a great tutorial, I translated it roughly. This is almost word for word while still making remote sence. If this is not helpful I will do my best to write a heigh map tutorial using some known human language, but probably english. I am not as skilled at making Height maps as AME, but I do speak english Wink The rar has a MS word .doc in it with original picture refs.

http://www.webfile.ws/d/11723

Not that it means much now, as I have already made the map, but it's good to know how to make them.

Looking at the overveiw I think I may conclude that this map is four quads. That is equal to the oblivion map. I may be mistaken, we will see. I really can't find any way to tell, this is tricky.
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors