Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Everyone
11-03-2009, 11:34 PM,
Hello Everyone
Hi, I hope you have all had fun while I've been away. It's been a long time I know, and I think I owe you all an explanation for my absence.

As perhaps you'll remember, I was last active before going off on my summer holiday. Unfortunately, after coming back I had to deal with quite a severe family crisis. On top of that I became seriously ill myself, and found myself starting a new job. So it was really a triple whammy of unfortunate circumstances all happening together.

Now, however, things are more under control, and I finally feel I've got enough free time to return to modding. But I'm going to be taking it slow, starting out with a few small claims and working my way up from there.

It'll take me a while to get up to speed on what's been going on while I've been away, so perhaps someone could give me a summary?

It's good to be back,

Deeza
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
11-04-2009, 05:41 AM,

Hello Deeza Big Grin ,

I'm glad things are calming down for you by now:

Here's some things I finished or am currently working on in my end:

1) I finished the Paatru architecture set. It has some neat stuff in it. I still need to do Paatru-based furniture, containers, and maybe some clutter to go with it.

2) I'm currently doing another Blackmarsh mesh audit, since Ibsen has more assets now for me to go over. I'm also having to go back over previously looked at meshes, to further fix some that were not "optimized" via the nifoptimizer script (basically makes game run faster/smoother), that were not with MOPP collision (a type of collision that makes game run faster/smoother), or both.

3) We got a sload model from zaneeba_slave, an old friend of mine from the now deceased "The Ocean Mod"! I will turn it into a creature at some point, but that's on hold right now. It looks very professional, IMO.

4) I'm almost done with a "Thornite" creature (my own concept). But I'm currently having to wait on finishing it, because of a head morph issue - I posted the issue at Niftools website so the team can look at might be causing the problem. Once head issue is figured out, all I need to do is make an ingredient, make a script, maybe make a death animation, and fix some body parts that clip each other when the creature goes ragdoll and havok takes effect upon death.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
11-04-2009, 06:18 PM,

Thanks, KP! That's a useful models update. I'll just add the further point that few updates have been made lately due to this audit and preparing for a new bsa archive. This is basically just a delay before any esps reliant on new stuff are added. I also added the 'Primeval Hollow' cave tileset from 'Lost Spires' along with some quality clutter from LS. I still need to make sure that our mounts are working...we added some pack Guars and lizard mounts from Dune but I need to check those.

However, from a modding point of view, here's a little more of the major modding features that are quite new. Bear in mind that this is mostly stuff that I have esps for but have not yet been merged:
  1. The village of Glok-Chuba is now complete besides clutter (models required - see above).
  2. I recently added a clutterless Glenbridge.
  3. The Northern Parchlands and most of East Black Marsh have been landscaped.
  4. A hermit's home and coral reef has been added off the shore of the Parchlands.
  5. 'Scorpion Pass' has been added, which comes with a separate child worldspace that holds the same location in a previous period of time and is the location for a large battle up the length of the Pass under enemy fire.
  6. You probably know about the docks for Soulrest and it's accompanying pirate's cove.
  7. Darkmoor region generation is imminent.
    [/list=1]
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
11-04-2009, 10:10 PM,

Thanks for the update, both of you!

Incidentally, you may want to know that Drake has finished the first beta of his anthro-dragon race (the ones we were considering using as Mark One Sarpa)?

11-04-2009, 10:55 PM,

Sounds good. :yes: Do you have a link?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
11-04-2009, 11:03 PM,

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index....ic=1016468

11-04-2009, 11:12 PM,

From what I can see there, the "0.0.7 pre-beta complete package" looks like the most up-to-date download but it mentions 'Robert's Male Body V4' and TFF and I'm not sure from what it's saying there whether it depends on those mods or not. I don't think so though.

Still no flying animation but it looks pretty damn fine nonetheless and I liked what he did with the feet...
11-04-2009, 11:23 PM,

So what really needs doing now? I could do with a nice, relaxing job to get me back into the swing of things.

11-05-2009, 11:49 AM,

It looks like the race has been designed and developed around those body mods which means if they are used they would require those mods.

Race also requires OBSE, but still looks sweet Big Grin
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
11-05-2009, 08:01 PM,

@InsanitySorrow - Isn't OBSE pretty much standard nowadays? I wouldn't play OB without it. I would probably say that being dependent on OBSE would be okay....still, any such move might require greater consideration....and I certainly don't like the idea of being dependent on body mods.

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
So what really needs doing now? I could do with a nice, relaxing job to get me back into the swing of things.

Well, I guess you could start where you left off with Stormhold. There's always plenty of interiors, including some newer and more interesting ones with the bamboo huts around Soulrest and the bmhuts at Hixinoag. These are much less Imperial.

Of course, help with landscaping would be great. The Jungle is available (but a lot of work). Smaller Parchlands regions should be okay though and some parts of Blackwood just need to have a smattering of flora laid down (flora distribution claims). Dungeons are always valuable additions except our new cave tileset isn't available yet. Kangumabog awaits you when you're ready for it but Kulu-Hees is smaller and might be a nice one to do. In fact, those two are the only settlements in the beta regions that have not yet been developed....

There's other stuff like setting up NPCs and Faction details besides assigning properties to flora. Once Blackwood gets fully landscaped then I may start adding creatures at last which would require levelled lists...