Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Landmass moving program
07-07-2009, 09:49 AM,
Help with Landmass moving program
I am trying to create a Landmass moving program in Java, rather like lightwaves here , but only to move LAND data, not placed and objects and such. the main reason behind it being wanting to move the LAND data from Illiana's Riverhold mod into the worldspace at TESAnnwyn for our Elsweyr project.
Of course once I'm done with it, anybody can use it.
The main problem I'm having is reading and writing data to esp files. I read a bit about the format on UESPWiki, but I'm a still a bit confused. This is my first time trying to write a program that uses binary files and the Oblivion esp format isn't that user friendly.
Anybody with experience in Java programming would be welcome to aid me, especially SACarrow, who i know worked on TESGecko so you probably know all about working with esps.
thanks
Sceluk
07-07-2009, 03:40 PM,
RE: Help with Landmass moving program
Anyone???
07-08-2009, 08:25 AM,
RE: Help with Landmass moving program
Your other thread (common room) has been moved to an internal archive, I think two threads are enough (including Elsweyr).

FYI. Smile
Because of our teaser mod we are discussing the possibility of moving land data and the placed content, SACarrow is checking the feasibility.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-08-2009, 09:09 AM,

Sorry about those threads, hehe, but after three days and a PM to Carrow, and nobody responded, i was getting kinda desperate.
I think it can be done. All you need to d in theory is copy the LAND and make it reference another cell instead.
If only I knew how to read\write esp files, perhap I could help.
07-08-2009, 03:26 PM,

I haven't seen Iliana's mod; how much LAND are we talking about? One cell? Ten cells? An entire quad? A worldspace? Also is there already data (placed refs) where this LAND would go?

I am thinking about both this issue and the quad-moving feature; very similar, but just different enough to be interesting.

Steve
07-08-2009, 04:34 PM,

About 9 cells or so. I only mean the program to be able to copy one LAND data record at a time:
Example: Copy -1,-4 -w Tamriel Oblivion.esm 0,0 Elsweyr ElsweyrValenwood.esm
That simple.
If somebody could just show me how to read\write to esp files, I would be most thankful.
Regards
Sceluk