Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with a quest?
01-31-2007, 01:06 AM,
Help with a quest?
Currently, i am in the process of making a glassmine. Once i am done, it will have (hopefully) mineable glass rocks, as well as npcs to mine them. The one problem is that it lacks a quest. I am just not a writer. If anyone would be willing to help with ideas for dialogue, story, ect i would appreciate it.

Hopefully some there are some creative people here who can help me
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
01-31-2007, 01:10 AM,

Goblin Attack?
Dug into ancient ruins?
Miner mysteriously found dead?
All miners disapered without a trace?
Adoring fan found stuck under a pile of rocks?
Just a few ideas from the top of my head.
My mage is an honor student at the Arcane University.
01-31-2007, 03:30 AM,

Hmm well goblins have already been done by the FG, but digging into ancient ruins is a good idea. Couple the ancient ruins with a miner found dead, and you've got the beginning of a plot methinks. Hmm who else could be interested in these ancient ruins? Prehaps house Hlaalu?

Excellent... this will have to be developed further (i also don't know morrowind lore very well) i'll need help with the details
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
01-31-2007, 04:12 AM,

Howdy

In the TES3 Version of Silgrad this glass mine has a dead redoran warrior lying at the bottom of the pit inside the Forgotten Shafts, maybe you can start something based on that?

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
02-01-2007, 02:02 AM,

hmm sounds good- a ref to morrowind. Also, what do you think of this: the guy's death is related to the uncovering of the door to an ancient tomb. Because of the death, the house Redoran has sent you to investigate what happened.

The hard part (for me) with stories is adding in something completely unexpected.

Now what could be in that tomb that would be killing miners, why is it there, and most importantly, who else wants it (Hlaalu?)

Now i'll go off and try to think of something nifty. If anyone has ideas, about any aspect of this, please post your opinion (even if you hate it, i'm trying to make this a good quest, so some input would be nice)
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
02-01-2007, 02:15 AM,

Rabid Adoring Fans! Big Grin
Ok, now for the real suggestion...
Maybe it was some powerful undead creature with a charmilion (sp) spell or ring or amulet.
02-01-2007, 04:32 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
hmm sounds good- a ref to Morrowind. Also, what do you think of this: the guy's death is related to the uncovering of the door to an ancient tomb. Because of the death, the house Redoran has sent you to investigate what happened.

The hard part (for me) with stories is adding in something completely unexpected.

Now what could be in that tomb that would be killing miners, why is it there, and most importantly, who else wants it (Hlaalu?)

Now i'll go off and try to think of something nifty. If anyone has ideas, about any aspect of this, please post your opinion (even if you hate it, i'm trying to make this a good quest, so some input would be nice)

It would be nice to see, if you decide to go that route, I think their should be more of those kinds of quests in TES4, theirs lots of stuff in TES3 that was left open, with references to future events and/or quest interaction between player and NPC left incompleted, it would be nice to see some of these stories played out to completion in TES4.

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
02-01-2007, 10:42 PM,

Hmm, i've laid out a basic quest here
1) Something killed a miner, and work in the mine had to stop. The owners of the mine have sent you to figure out what the heck it is.
2) When you get to the cave, the miners have barracaded themselves in the living quarters of the mine, hoping desperately that nothing kills them. They send you down into the mine to find out the problem
3) Egad! the mine is full of skellys! Where did they come from? Why are they attacking? Will i be able to impliment this?
4) After fighting through the undead in the (previously) active shaft of the mine, and make your way to the abandoned shafts, which haven't been used since the decree banning slave labor.
5) In the abandoned shaft, you find more undead, a few dead soldiers from house Hlaalu, and eventually the entrance to an ancient Velothi tomb. It was recently disturbed, which is why the undead are flipping out.
6) You fight your way inside, when suddenly all the undead fade away (think of the animation of a summoned skeleton dissapearing) A lich appears and tells you that his tomb has been profaned by the insidious agents of house Hlaalu, who stole a powerful artifact. At this point, you have 2 options.
a) Kill the lich, it is guaranteed to be a hard and intense battle, but in the end the mine will be safe. You get a sizeable reward from the House Redoran, and obviously get to loot the lich's corpse
b1) Go find the artifact at a nearby Hlaalu camp. Individual soldiers will not be as hard as Lich, but there will be many of them. Alternatively sneak in and steal it. If you return it, the lich will go away, give you a different item as a reward, plus you get the reward from Redoran for saving the mine
b2) I suppose you could also just steal the artifact, but you will not get the reward from Redoran, as the mine will still be plagued by undead.
b3) The last option for stealing it would be to get the sword and kill the lich. Then you get the reward, keep the sword, and loot the lich. Be wary though, I intend to make the lich harder if you choose this option (you can't have your cake and eat it too)

There, i hope that will be a sizeable quest for mid-level characters. The reward from Redoran will be the use of their glassmines. Glass is a pretty darn valuable substance. Mining it would turn quite a profit. And if someone works on a crafting system, you get the ability to make kick-ass gear to wear/sell

Now, feedback please?
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
02-01-2007, 11:03 PM,

I like it.
Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
3) Egad! the mine is full of skellys! Where did they come from? Why are they attacking? Will I be able to impliment this?
I'm pretty sure you can do this, just make sure that they are set to not respawn later.
02-02-2007, 10:01 PM,

thanks for the encouragement. Any refinements or suggestions for the plot though? I tend to view storymaking as my weakest point, because you can always figure out the mechanics of a quest, but you can't really get an FAQ on how to make a good plotline.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala