Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with a quest?
02-02-2007, 11:37 PM,

I think that if you don't kill the lich then house redoran (or whoever gave you the quest) should be a little disappointed and not give as good a reward since you may have only solved the problem temporarily since the lich might come back (that could even be a second part to the quest)

plus stealing the artifact could badly effect your reputation with hlaalu, maybe there should be a way to bargain for it?
"If you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours."
- TesIV Vvardenfell
02-03-2007, 01:41 AM,

I like the story

You might consider changing the Hlaalu Quest Giver to a Telvanni Quest Giver. They wouldn't care if you stole an artifact.

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
02-03-2007, 03:04 AM,

What about Ashkelon from the ST's ES3 mod? The only thing in it that really violated lore was the thing about the "hellsingers" and the mentioning of "demons," but those can be taken out easily enough. I don't know if there are plans to bring the dungeon back or not.

Basically, it was a temple/stronghold/prison thingy that was buried deep underground and used as a place where Mehrunes Dagon imprisoned a general who failed him during the attack on Mournhold. The entrance of the mine was an imperial keep. Under that was the mines, and if you explored deep enough, you came upon an underground daedric shrine with an unusual propylon index. That index sent you to a series of lava caves deep underground, and at the end of the caves was Ashkelon (sp). If you want specifics about the quest, download the old mod and read Smile.

As I said before, though, I don't know if there are any other plans on this...
02-03-2007, 04:26 AM,

It was a most intense quest and a superior modded cave system, I don't think their are plans to bring it into TES4

Bob

02-05-2007, 10:05 PM,

Do you think a lesser reward for not killing the lich would serve to balance the quest a bit more? Also, what do you think is a fitting reward? I'd say certainly not gold, as when i get gold rewards i tend to feel a bit underpaid (500 gold aint much for things like sneaking through the ancestor moths temple) Any ideas for less tangible rewards? Not just something like a sword that'll be useless in 5 lvls.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
02-06-2007, 03:46 AM,

I think if you don't kill the liche then it should come back to haunt you Big Grin

In other words like that of a Daedra, if the Daedra is qeuzed to protect something then technically, it should confront you continuously until it recovers whatever it is you've taken.

I think that it should work the same with the liche, if you don't kill it have it come back 2 or 3 times until it is finally displaced, maybe by even having the player needing to go to someone specifically to have this liche vanquished for good.

As far as a reward, yes less reward for not killing it, also gold would not be suitable, its common place... a good reward might be something that permainetly increases an ability or skill, not much but just a boost or even a new ability, like a resistance to something or the ability to use a spell not normally found or hard to get. The lessor reward could be the gold or maybe a some gems.

Enjoy
Bob

02-06-2007, 09:18 PM,

Well you [the player] hasn't taken anything really, it's more house Hlaalu or someone else, raiding the glassmine and pissing off the lich by stealing his stuff. So if you return it, he'll go away. If you just kill him then and there... Ehh peace for the dead i guess, having him come back multiple times would just suck [for the PC] However if you get greedy and get the item but try to also kill the lich, he'll respawn like 3-4 times just cause he's so mad (have MY cake and eat it will you?)

Also, if you return the item to the lich, he will seal his own tomb (with lots of rocks) and the player is transported to the main section of the mines.

If at all possible, and by some miracle of the programming gods i am able to script mining (if any of you all know how to do such a thing, please DO NOT hesitate to say so and give me a working script) I would like the reward be the ability to mine glass rocks to get glass ore. That would be quite nifty. Maybe sell it to smiths? Have them make stuff for you? Of course glass is just another thing you could sell, so it might be like just giving the player a source of money.

I think that in addition to the glass mining though, the lich could be wearing something awesome if you kill him, or reward you with either an item or a spell if you choose to return the item
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
03-01-2007, 10:59 PM,

After reading my previous reply I see that I expressed what I meant in the wrong way

You (Seniosh) are correct, if you kill the liche it respawns and comes after you again, how many times? 3 is a good number I think

Maybe on the last time the liche can put a curse on you which requires a ritualistic curse removal process of some type

Enjoy
Bob

03-01-2007, 11:36 PM,

I think there was a quest in Daggerfall where a mummy would haunt the player every night until the player returned a mummified finger to the burial grounds.

THAT mummy needed to be killed 999 times or so.
03-01-2007, 11:39 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
I think there was a quest in Daggerfall where a mummy would haunt the player every night until the player returned a mummified finger to the burial grounds.

THAT mummy needed to be killed 999 times or so.

Thats how I see this quest (my original thought) is the liche comes back at random times to attempt recovery of the item, until it is displaced by means of ritual Confusedhrug:

Big Grin
Bob