Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with bsacommander
08-16-2009, 08:17 AM,

As I said in step 11 unpack the bsa to check it.
Sometimes (very rare) the bsa packing goes wrong (corrupted bsa file).

Unpacking is a lot faster than uploading another version of the bsa.

For the registering check the ST bsa website (Forge, ST modders only).
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-16-2009, 09:54 AM,

Well, there's no problem with the bsa.

I still couldn't figure out how to do whatever I need to do with the ini files to get it to work.... ?( It doesn't seem to describe what you have to do.

I can remember adding something like the bsa path to the SArchiveList or something...? And wasn't a need to do something with the ArchiveInvalidation file?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
08-16-2009, 03:03 PM,

Open the file ConstructionSet.ini in a text editor, such as Notepad. The file is located in the folder My Documents\My Games\Oblivion.

Find the line that reads:
SArchiveList=Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa, Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, Oblivion - Voices1.bsa, Oblivion - Voices2.bsa, Oblivion - Misc.bsa

Change the line to:
SArchiveList=Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, BlackMarsh.bsa, Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa, Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, Oblivion - Voices1.bsa, Oblivion - Voices2.bsa, Oblivion - Misc.bsa

Then open the file Oblivion.ini in the same manner. The file is also located in the folder My Documents\My Games\Oblivion. Don't confuse it with Oblivion_default.ini located in your C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion folder! That one should remain unchanged. Make the same change to Oblivion.ini as above.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-17-2009, 01:59 PM,

Thanks for your help sandor! It looks like I've got this sorted at last! =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
08-17-2009, 04:09 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Thanks for your help sandor! It looks like I've got this sorted at last! =)
Great! Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-18-2009, 11:04 AM,

I thought I may as well get the patching stuff sorted out as well whilst I'm at it. I noticed that one town in the esm is lacking textures and this is likely due to the issue the tutorial mentions which is solved by using TES4 files because the filepaths are mistyped with these characters: \ and / .

I was about to perform the necessary changes using TES4Files but realised I should really know how to do the patching as well. I read the instructions here: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/ind..._BSA_files but stopped when I got to step 2 of the patching information:

"3. Type

genpatch -s=gui oldfile newfile patchname "

It then asks you to type something in the command prompt. Is it referring to the 'Start-Run' command prompt on my desktop?

And is this what I would have to type:

"genpatch -s=gui BlackMarsh.bsa BlackMarsh.bsa C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\BMPatch01" (without the quote marks, obviously)

Would that work, do you think?
08-20-2009, 12:46 PM,

You have to add the file paths for the original bsa and the newer bsa (other name). The patch itself doesn't require a path.

This was the line I used for latest ST esm patch:"genpatch -s=gui c:\Oblivion\Data\Silgrad_Tower.esm c:\Oblivion\Data\M1337Silgrad_Tower.esm M1337UpdatingESMv3.28".

Silgrad_Tower.esm --> Base file which has to be updated.
M1337Silgrad_Tower.esm --> newer version of the esm.

I sent you a PM.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
10-11-2009, 11:31 AM,

Hello folks,

I'm really starting to regret going to bsa format with the Black Marsh archive. It's just way too complicated.

The first thing I need to do is to get the filepaths sorted for many of the models I've included in the bsa that have texture errors. I know that there are loads of Rock Grove models with purple textures, for example. I put this down to the error mentioned in the bsa tutorial where it says: "the texture property's path shouldn't have any "/", but instead "\"

So the solution is to use TES4Files and I've been looking at the tutorial for it. Well, I just used it but the first thing I noticed was that I kept getting lots of CANNOT READ FILE errors. I'm guessing that this is for all the meshes that are present within the bsa but haven't been unpacked. Do I need to unpack them all?

Then Step 5 of the tutorial here: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/ind..._TES4Files begins talking about txt files in a way that seems to suggest that txt files will actually perform the necessary filepath adjustments....eh? ?( How does that work? How will these changes be merged with the esm? I think I may as well hand adjust the meshes because this just baffles me...but if I hand-adjust them, won't I just be duplicating the .nifs when I perform an update? How do I make sure that the patch knows how to adjust a model rather than add it?

But then I have all this that needs doing:
  • .nifs that have been adjusted and need to be replaced.
  • .nifs that need to be deleted from the old bsa.
  • .nifs to add to the bsa.
  • textures that I've unpacked so that I can see some items in NifSkope in their true form but which I presume will need to be deleted from the BM folder to avoid duplicating them during updates.

The tutorials that I'm reading are either very technical or don't seem to take all of these necessities into consideration. Just how do I go about making all these changes mentioned above?
10-16-2009, 03:58 PM,

I replied -=here=-. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD