Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helseth Legion
10-09-2006, 10:47 PM,

The Legions of Helseth will be non-joinable.

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
He wont even be in this mod.
please don't speak for things you do not know of...
expect him to make a few appearances briefly... like addressing the Grand Council, etc.
10-11-2006, 08:41 PM,

There are question here - 'pologies if this is the wrong thread but there has been discussion here of Mournhold - and Helseth's Mercenaries come to mind, as well as gobboes, and Nord go-betweens...

Just wondering if there is any thought to the make-up of this force.

as a secondary thing therefore - wondering if Helseth has been stirring up the Nord invasions so as to weaken opposition - strange situation where the 'King' sets out to conquer his nobles when they have not rebelled Wink
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
10-11-2006, 10:27 PM,

Me and kukulza talked about that a long time ago thinking maybe Helseth payed nords to invade redoran and put their guard down so Hlaalu forces could sweep them away.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
10-12-2006, 12:48 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
Me and kukulza talked about that a long time ago thinking maybe Helseth payed nords to invade redoran and put their guard down so Hlaalu forces could sweep them away.
and moire than that...
Helseth lured Nords (in larger numbers*) in to weaken Redoran...
this serves to accomplish several goals....
1. *larger numbers of Nords will really affect the Redoran, probably weaken them
2. Helseth can act as if he is trying to help Redoran, but while sending Hlaalu to aid them, the Hlaalu can also backstab by not withdrawing
3. With Redoran being "aided" by Helseth, they will be more and more enarmored of or dependent on him
4. if it backfires, Helseth can withdraw and pretend the Redoran are too proud to ask for aid
5. Redoran economy can be weakened by a duo of Nordic raids on infrastructure and crops, as well as Hlaalu manipulation of economy to downgrade value of Redoran goods.