Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helstrom
02-13-2010, 10:11 PM,

Fair enough.

I suppose the Hist makes any new lore possible. Hist magic is a powerful force....
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
02-13-2010, 11:53 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
I wasn't thinking quite along the same lines tbh. The idea of massive tree complexes has been done before and tends to be difficult to pull off effectively. I prefer the Sumerian approach with ziggurats and pyramids.

I think the sumerian/old egyptian approach is more suitable for morrowind.
02-14-2010, 10:12 AM,

I can't imagine a pyramid fitting in in Morrowind. More accurately, it's a Mayan look that I'm hoping for so the Sumerian reference was the closest match I could think of to something like this: http://photos.igougo.com/images/p32213-P...Mexico.jpg .
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
02-22-2010, 12:13 AM,

I think that the original idea was that the exterior of Hestrom would be a giant tree with a hole in it that sort of opens up Tardis-style into an enormous city when the player goes through it. I had the idea that most of the city actually exists in the Hist dimension, and the stuff you encounter in the Marsh is more like the gateway to it.

I think it was discussed that the "Eye of Argonia" could actually be what opens up the gate to the real Helstrom.

Of course, this was all a long time ago with a team whose members have all left. We could start afresh on the design of the city.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
02-22-2010, 05:19 PM,

Interesting! I'll wait to see what Rickious comes up with but that's worth bearing in mind...actually putting such a thing inside the Hist Dimension itself. It should fit rather well...but we'll wait and see anyhoo.

Let's try to get back to discussions on Fort Swampmoth please, guys? Rickious' main thread for this is over here: Murkwood Concept art .
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
02-22-2010, 05:36 PM,

Good point. Could you perhaps split the thread and transplant these posts into a new one where we can properly discuss Helstrom?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
02-22-2010, 07:46 PM,

Would you be okay copying and pasting key quotes on Helstrom from this thread into a new one? My administrator priveleges don't stretch that far (that's kind of like forum management as opposed to moderation).
02-22-2010, 07:52 PM,

I can divide and merge threads if you want me to.

02-22-2010, 09:28 PM,

Please. :yes: As long as you split the content between Fort Swampmoth and Murkwood. Just go for the major points and cut and paste as you go. Thanks, JK!
02-23-2010, 06:20 PM,

Here is your new thread. Ta daaa! Big Grin