Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hist Boil Climate (natural disater) (Redundant)
04-12-2007, 09:28 PM,
Hist Boil Climate (natural disater) (Redundant)
you may find this a distasteful idea, but it might add another dimension to the marshes...

what if we made the marshes, paticularly the areas with and surrounding hist, to boil due to heat...
the cause would be the secretion of hist...
this would cause the area to harden/able to be walked or climbed on, and perhaps allows for the hist to be collected, and searched for, sorta like searched for as gold is in a river, except with alot more work force to get through the swamp's...

maybe a quest idea for this setting could be to evacuate a village that wasn't aware of the coming disaster
04-12-2007, 09:34 PM,

so wait the Hist is trying to hurt people now?

I'm not too supportive for that idea...
I think maybe in the Mainquest a Hist will be captured and taken to a lab where magicians force it to release a poison.. which they spread into the interior to kill resisting Argonian tribes, etc.... but Hist killing people by boiling the land doesn't make sense to me
04-12-2007, 09:52 PM,

natural disaster, nothing inate. like a volcano... and the lava isn't trying to do anything... it's a natrual force

the hist isn't trying to do anything... it's simply secreting as a natural function... and as a result of that, the area heats up... perhaps due to magical energies of the hist

sure the hist needs argonians, however, it needs to shed, or secret, or something every year like that as part of it's bodily function
04-12-2007, 09:57 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by cruxvader
natural disaster, nothing inate. like a volcano... and the lava isn't trying to do anything... it's a natrual force
so the Hist is naturally trying to kill its people?
I still don;t get it... if a tribe of Argonians lives around a Hist why would it kill them?

I think perhaps it is not good to say the Hist cause this...

however, there are some bogs where sulfurous gasses are trapped on the bottom of the body of water... and when the mud covering it is disturbed the long compressed gases burst out, and kill/burn/soffucate all life (especially animals) in a large radius around the disturbed area... and i can see such a thing happening in the deadliest bogs of Black Marsh... but i cannot see Hist who need Argonians, killing them
04-15-2007, 07:26 PM,

either way, the idea is to save a village from impending doom...
04-15-2007, 07:41 PM,

Aren't the hist supposed to be setinent? They know what they're doing, so i doubt they would harm the argonians. Plus, if the hist need to do this, how could a tribe of argonians, who rely on the hist for survival, not know about it?
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-15-2007, 07:50 PM,

either way, the idea is to save a village from impending doom...
imdepnding doom...

stuff like hurricanes would work... I magine storms wouldbe common off the tropical coasts of Black Marsh
04-18-2007, 03:32 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Aren't the hist supposed to be setinent? They know what they're doing, so I doubt they would harm the argonians. Plus, if the hist need to do this, how could a tribe of argonians, who rely on the hist for survival, not know about it?

bad governmental response

see katrina
04-18-2007, 03:51 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Aren't the hist supposed to be setinent? They know what they're doing, so I doubt they would harm the argonians. Plus, if the hist need to do this, how could a tribe of argonians, who rely on the hist for survival, not know about it?

bad governmental response

see katrina

bad government response? :lol: that's not right...
seeing as how the Argonians and the Hist are symbiotic in a spiritual way... the Argonians woul dbe able to sense if the Hist is a bit quacky... which it wouldn't be... so that's what I'm not so sure about, I don't think the Hist-boiling idea is good... not as a natural thing... maybe if a Hist was being poisoned by an unnatural and magical toxin but that would only happen in a giant sequence like in the main quest...
05-03-2007, 02:05 PM,

Hmmm I wonder