Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hla Oad Update Topic
06-14-2007, 08:39 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Dave_91
Would you mind if I took over? I could get it done pretty quickly.
normally I'd say let others pitch in but as its high priority and I;ve been wanting to have it done sooner, please do, i appreciate it, thanks
06-14-2007, 10:40 PM,

Great. Smile Shouldn't be too long. I can mod it, however I'll not be able to test anything in-game because of my Oblivion CD breaking, so I'll have to get a replacement game, or a No-CD Crack that would actually work.
06-24-2007, 10:04 PM,

Right, I decided to get a fixed no dvd exe because I can't afford another disk at the moment, and it works fine, so now I can properly get started. So some pretty good news there. More good news is that SACarrow's shack set works fine for me in game despite the minor texture issue that happens in the CS, so I'm glad it has worked. That said, I finally managed to get a simple interior finished (it has been done for a good few weeks), which I have screenshots of below.

I'm going to devote some time tomorrow to the exterior and interiors, which should be done real soon. I can also start on the cave section beneath Fatleg's Drop-off (or is that in Gnaar Mok?). I will probably get this done a few days before July, but I can't promise anything.

Here are some screens (more will follow shortly):
06-27-2007, 09:38 PM,

Update- Exterior is about 70% done now, I've worked on it a bit today, I've added some Dementia Trees from SI because I think they resemble swamp-like trees (very droopy looking), and they don't look bad. I've added some NPC's, made a Hlaalu Guard faction and placed two Hlaalu guards. I haven't started on the interiors yet, but they won't take long at all to do (the screenshots above were of a test interior for the shack tileset, although I may use it still).

1. Unlike in Maar Gan, shall I leave out dialogue this time round so we can concentrate on it later when we have recorded voices or what?
2. Shall I give the NPC's full AI? (Lacking proper hammock beds might be best left until we get them, although I could just use a bedroll for the time being, what d'you think?)
3. I've temporarily given NPC's wandering AI packages so they don't stand around motionless, though they tend to fall into the water when walking around on the wooden platforms. Would it be a good idea to use an artificial collision box around the platforms to prevent this? Although that may seem like the only way, it would be a bit unrealistic if the player couldn't fall off the platforms themselves, so how should we go about this?
4. NPC's. Any removed/dead or gone? And new people around?
5. The exterior- it won't be exactly the same as the Hla Oad in TES3 for obvious reasons, but I'm making it the best I can. While I'm on the exterior, will there be any changes/additions to it, like perhaps new shacks or anything? Or is it just the same small fishing village we knew from Morrowind?
6. Fatleg's Drop-off. This interior (the shack section) will be a bit smaller because we don't have the necessary tileset pieces, but it will still have many crates around, and a few NPC's inside, as well as the trapdoor to the cavern below. Speaking of which- I would like to make the cavern underneath if that's alright. Not every tileset piece from the Cave set has been made as you'll know, though many pieces have been, which means I cannot make an exact resemblace, I can only make it as best I can (again, bearing in mind we're not making everything exactly as in TES3). At least, not at the moment anyway.
7. I would like to make this place quite misty and very depressing-like, a little bit like in this screenshot, so would it be okay to add various mist effects (eg. like the ghost mist effects etc.) to capture the right atmosphere (assured, I won't make anything over the top or unrealistic)?

I also generated some rocks for all of the West Gash region, which has added over 30,000 rocks!! Some look weird because of them being in random places, and a lot of them float when on a sloped suface, but it definately makes the landscape look interesting! These are only temporary by the way, just to see if Razorwing's rocks from his Moldcave tileset looked okay on the landmass (since he'd created most of them), and they do (IMO), which is great news.

I would get some screenshots of both Hla Oad's exterior and the generated rocks, but I'm having bother getting screenshots working at the moment. I'll post them right away when it's fixed though. Smile
06-27-2007, 10:48 PM,

Just curious: which shack pieces are missing for the Dropoff? I'm medically unable to model at the moment, but I'm just curious. BTW I added a trapdoor model to the shack collection as well, in case it would be useful here.

Thanks,
Steve
06-28-2007, 12:15 AM,

Very useful ! ! That's good.

It's not so much pieces, more a piece, the model for Fatleg's was a single piece interior, but it was slightly larger and differently shaped than normal. It also had two entrances. I'm not sure for certain, but I don't think it could be made exactly the same with the current pieces, unfortunately, but that's alright. Smile
06-29-2007, 03:46 AM,

Update: 29/06/07

black[/HR]

[Image: screenshot597ck0.jpg]

Forgive me if it's a tad too 'misty', I'll need to reduce the fog effect a bit.

Here's somemore:
06-29-2007, 05:27 AM,

just a lil' too misty... almost ghostly :|
but overall its great, just tone down the mistiness like ya said :yes:

but a little shabby mistiness is good, lends itself to the run-down smuggler den sort of atmosphere
06-29-2007, 01:39 PM,

Smile Yeah, I was looking for a more dusty effect, but I couldn't fine one in the CS. The clouds were pretty much an experiment, which I thought would look pretty nice, the large cloud needs removing though, it stands out too much.
07-17-2007, 06:22 AM,

hey guys, i'm really sorry about my lack of presence in the past months, the progress looks great Dave...I'm hoping things will slow down in my life in the next couple months and I'll be able to come back to work on something in this mod. In the meantime, I'm gonna try to be more active on the forums. Best of luck to you all
The Elder Scrolls IV: Vvardenfell - Team Member

SSDD