Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hlaalu House Project
08-27-2005, 07:27 PM,

Very impressive! Looking forward to it! :goodjob:
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-27-2005, 10:06 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Very impressive! Looking forward to it! :goodjob:

You're not the only one, my friend.

They look so ... so ... Hlaalu Wink

Absolutely awesome, Oom.

Greetings

Quentin

P.S.: Is the new CS already released? :lmao:
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
08-28-2005, 12:26 AM,

Yes, Jonathan and Oom both deserves statues in one of our parks with the plaque "The Saviours of Silgrad" :] They've done an amazing job and I certainly hope that under Ben Vagara's guidance Silgrad Tower: Oblivion can stretch southward so we get to mod even more Hlaalu towns with this wonderful tileset.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
08-28-2005, 02:48 PM,

Hlaalu House Project Tile Set Ver. Alpha003 now available at the forum DB.

Also droped a line at The Elder Scrolls about the release. :party:
A man set out for perfection can only achieve what he can imagine and he will always be eclipsed by a man set out to do his best and who therefor is free to grasp what is beyond the imaginable.
08-28-2005, 06:09 PM,

After releasing the latest alpha I sat back took one more a look at Jonathan's model and guess what :eek: It can be tiled into 256x256x256.

In my opinion the bigger tiles are slightly more appealing, but that is a opinion and the difference is indeed very small. To convert the existing set to the smaller size will take some, but not that much, work and it should not jeopardize the dead line. So 256x256x256 it will be. One slightly smaller alpha 004 coming up (in a while).
A man set out for perfection can only achieve what he can imagine and he will always be eclipsed by a man set out to do his best and who therefor is free to grasp what is beyond the imaginable.
08-28-2005, 06:31 PM,

Oom: Unfortunately downloading from the database requires forum registration, so to make it easier for the ESF crowd to test your stuff I uploaded a copy directly to the website.

http://storage.silgrad.com/morel/Hlaalu_...pha003.zip

You can resize them if you want but wouldn't it be good to have the margin that the existing models have? With houses on general being on a much larger and on a more accurate scale in Oblivion than they were in Morrowind, I think base areas of 320x320 are perfect. Smile
Angel mired in filth
08-29-2005, 03:20 PM,

Razorwing
I'll try to show you what I mean. In the attached pic you see from left to right. Jonathan's original model, the model roughly resized to match 3 320-tiles, 3 256-tiles and 4 256-tiles. I think it will be hard to tell the differences if you don't see them like this.
Work is progressing fine.
08-29-2005, 03:40 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Oom
Razorwing
I'll try to show you what I mean. In the attached pic you see from left to right. Jonathan's original model, the model roughly resized to match 3 320-tiles, 3 256-tiles and 4 256-tiles. I think it will be hard to tell the differences if you don't see them like this.
Work is progressing fine.

Okay I'll take your word for it and I'm sure it'll turn out great =)
Angel mired in filth
08-30-2005, 04:04 PM,

Others have obviously identified the need of external tile sets.

As I say in my post, Zyndaar's set will be superior to this one. So if his set can be used in this project I will close work this set. If Zyndaar's set can't be used, work will continue as planed.

Edit: A few of the typos
08-31-2005, 08:00 AM,

I havent forgotten about this, Oom, but I'm still pondering about this one. Expect to hear from me soon. =)

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.