Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horses
11-20-2007, 04:13 AM,

Great sugestion Smile but one problem...

i can't mod :poorme:
11-20-2007, 04:49 PM,

Its a good opportunity to learn then. My modding skills suck. I'm great at maintaining boards and cheerleading though.
11-26-2007, 02:34 AM,

Well i think my specialization would be Japanese mythology/history and D&D :\
The Ki-rin certainly would be an awesome mount, however its probably best that u can't attain it through purchase, rather that u complete a high level quest for it (if it allowed a rider, it would certainly have to be a high level one, and probably one with magical potency).
As far as a rideable cat, a large tiger would be the best option, i could even use the skin texture of the tiger race and apply it to a nix-hound and work from there :\
Another suggestion for a mount for evil characters would be the Onikage, a kindof scaled horse with the tail of a crocodile.
As far as the chocobo-like creature, i thought we could instead base it off of a real animal that existed at one time called the Diatryma, a little less cutesie than the Chocobo but a similar concept, shown here:
[Image: Diatryma.jpg]
The final thing is that ive been working on an Indian elephant creature for Morrowind for some time now, although i doubt that thats at all relevant to the Akavir mod :\
Confusedigh: Phew!
11-26-2007, 04:09 AM,

Welcome Pazu =)

Quote:Originally posted by Pazu the Kitsune
The Ki-rin certainly would be an awesome mount, however its probably best that u can't attain it through purchase, rather that u complete a high level quest for it (if it allowed a rider, it would certainly have to be a high level one, and probably one with magical potency).
Yeah, i agree with that, The Kirin would be something special and it would be very, very, very difficult to get it.

As far as a rideable cat, a large tiger would be the best option, I could even use the skin texture of the tiger race and apply it to a nix-hound and work from there :\
A nix-hound? Why not the cat model that's already in Oblivion :confused:
Do you want to join our team and make a mount for us?

Another suggestion for a mount for evil characters would be the Onikage, a kindof scaled horse with the tail of a crocodile.
That's a good idea... if the tail won't be a problem.

As far as the chocobo-like creature, I thought we could instead base it off of a real animal that existed at one time called the Diatryma
What can i say? It's perfect! :]

The final thing is that I've been working on an Indian elephant creature for Morrowind for some time now, although I doubt that thats at all relevant to the Akavir mod :\
Confusedigh: Phew!
If it's possible to get good looking Indian elephants in the game, that would be awesome :yes:
We do have one culture partly based on India, but wouldn't there be problems with animations and rigging the elephant? ?(
Akavir mod leader.
11-26-2007, 05:12 AM,

Maybe the elephants are not mounts but instead are companions...
for a large price you buy a elephant with rider (just one monster type npc).

another thing is how strong would the elephant be?
i may not be to flash with asain history but i know a lot about roman and greek history. when Darius from carthrage attacked rome he had elephants in his army they literally killed hundreds of soldiers?

and finally the bird thing looks kind of like a moa Smile
11-26-2007, 05:24 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by ciao_gamer
Maybe the elephants are not mounts but instead are companions...
for a large price you buy a elephant with rider (just one monster type npc).

another thing is how strong would the elephant be?
I may not be to flash with asain history but I know a lot about roman and greek history. when Darius from carthrage attacked rome he had elephants in his army they literally killed hundreds of soldiers?

and finally the bird thing looks kind of like a moa Smile

An eeeeeeeevil moa Tongue

Elephants would be very strong, they can wear armor.

[Image: elephantarmor.jpg]
Akavir mod leader.
12-01-2007, 04:45 PM,

Keep in mind these would be Indian elephants, not African elephants. The elephants used by the Carthaginians and the one in Kodama's picture are African elephants. The Indian elephants are smaller, their ears thinner and theyd have a brownish color rather than a gray one.
As far as armor for the elephant goes thats a whole different matter for me. Im pretty good at modelling creatures for Morrowind, but not too good at Oblivion. Armor, however, is really something i have little or no experience in.
Hopefully we could get the elephants as mounts, and theyd have a charge attack, but Indian elephants are really less powerful than most people think. Any character experienced enough with a crossbow or destruction magic could take one down. Also keep in mind that elephants would really be limited to grassy flatlands or otherwise open areas, whereas horses could enter forests and urban areas.
oh and btw, at the moment my Indian elephant is using the animation of the bears in Solstheim, so it does stand on its hind legs for unrealistic periods of time :\
12-06-2007, 05:16 AM,

sorry ive been away i had internet problems

i agree Indian elephants are different but it was the indian princes riding elephants that gave alexnder the great a bit of grief in battle.
12-11-2007, 10:06 PM,

A question:
What file format does Oblivion use for textures?
I found an elephant model in The Wilderness mod 2.0 for Morrowind (in .tga format), modified it a little, converted it to .bmp format then uploaded it to uploadingit.com. Here's the model:
[Image: indian_elephant.bmp]
i may have to work with it more, although i hope that this is a step in the right direction :\
12-12-2007, 12:03 AM,

.dds, like later morrowind stuff.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era