Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot Fuzz
08-04-2007, 09:11 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Dave_91
Quote:Originally posted by Mormacil
It's english humor. I personally prefer it over american but then again I'm european.

For me, I much prefer English humor too, again probably because I am European too. It's weird though, I don't find any American comedians funny. At all. Well, from what I've seen of them anyway.

loads of american comedians are funny.
try Bill Hicks he's a dude =)
AM NOT A TEXTURER
08-18-2007, 04:23 AM,

there are some smart Americans that keep mainly to themselves that are really good. most people who are involved in corporations suck tho
08-18-2007, 08:54 AM,

English and American humor, in my experience anyway, serve two very distinct roles.

"American comedy" (I do not enjoy it, and yet I find other sources of comedy from m country that serve me just fine) is purely entertainment for entertainment's sake, as opposed to a night eating out (as one might spend their evening in Europe), you perhaps go see a comedian. English humor makes much of its foundation from the absurdities and irregularities of English life, serving just as much as a reflection for the comic and audience. American comedy also seems far more based around the punchline, while in English comedy the humor seems far more contained in the telling.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
08-18-2007, 01:31 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by cruxvader
there are some smart Americans that keep mainly to themselves that are really good. most people who are involved in corporations suck tho

Hell, I thought that was a rule of thumb with anything Big Grin

Try Louis Black, he is an angry... loud... and funny man.