Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House Mora holding
03-07-2006, 11:18 AM,

Alright, Vrenir has a week off (sort of like Spring Break), which means (oh yes) another random brainstorming binge. This time, it's about pre-release tie-ins and particularly about what our new mainland Hlallu port could be. KuKuklzA, if you've got anything more specific about what you plan to do with that port, please post it now as it would save a lot of trimming/redoing that could be bypassed.

So far, I'm thinking a coastal island at the mouth of the large central river (sort of where Old Ebonheart is on the TR maps). It would be in Hlallu territory (according to TR maps), but I thought that perhaps the central coast is the sub-area that we could locate House Mora in as well, so that the city is sort of an old House Mora place with newer Hlallu-style improvements. I'm also thinking of incorporating one of those massive Hlallu towers as a government building, which leads me to the name suggestion of Tel Maris (tower of the sea) It's sort of a neat amalgam of Dunmer and Imperial/Latin symbolic of the Westernized Hlallu society. Tel Maris could be an old Mora port and trading post that also happens to be the ancestoral holding of Helseth's family. With his royal power, Helseth has invested heavily in Tel Maris, expanding the city to cover almost the entire little island, adding the massive plaza with tower (probably replaced an old Mora tower and gave the city it's Imperialized name), and built himself an expanded palace off the plaza. The plaza area would obviously be the most ornate and striking feature, but the rest of the town would also be luxurious, at least far more than anything we have on Vvardenfell (think the whole upper and lower levels thing). I'll try to get some nice sketches done in the next day or so, plus a really basic jpg blueprint of my idea.
03-07-2006, 08:48 PM,

perhaps... I await the blueprint
03-07-2006, 11:10 PM,

What exactly is House Mora? Is it a sub-division of one of the Great Houses?
03-07-2006, 11:32 PM,

The Chimer started out as nomadic tribes like the Ashlanders....
eventually some of them began settling down as farmers....
these formed clans of related families and formed the first (minor) Houses
the most influential and powerful of the Houses began gathering the other Houses together
Eventually the Great Houses would come to absorb nearly all the minor Houses...
at the time of Nerevar, the ashlanders (nomads) and the House-folk (settled) were of equal strength
later, as the Great Houses grew in power, they marginalized the ashlanders

at one point there was a Sithis worshipping minor House called House Mora... they were known for their assassins that probably developed out of forest warfare... Mora is woods.... they eventually disappeared, but the Ra'athrim clan of the House Mora eventually merged with the Hlaalu and Helseth is from that lineage.... they are still good agents and assassins apparently... or at least Helseth is... this is one of two mentioned minor Houses

the other minor House that is officially mentioned is House Sotha.... it used to be based on what is now Vvardenfell, in what is now Ald Sotha. The House Sotha was headed by Sotha Sil but Mehrunes Dagon besieged it and by the time Vivec arrived to help, the town and the people were all dead except for Sotha Sil who held Dagon off till Vivec's arrival. Sotha Sil then moved to an unknown location to make his Sotha Sil city, and underneath that, his Clockwork City

hope that answered your question
03-07-2006, 11:52 PM,

Thanks for the clarification, woodland assassins aye. Interesting.
05-07-2006, 02:34 AM,

i didnt read all of the original post carefully, so this post is just were i went on about how House Mora probally merged with House Hlaalu. Peace.
98% of forum-goers say that fast travel ruins Oblivion. Put this as your signature if you are one of the 2% that realize fast travel is optional.
05-07-2006, 12:07 PM,

yes, they did....
Helseth comes partially from the Ra'athrim clan, part of Mora, which is now part of Hlaalu

the Old Ebonheart area was a House Mora/Ra'athrim hold before Imperials came...
I think what happen is that Imperials made their great port of Ebonheart Fort on the other side of the inner sea

don't take my word for it...

so do we need an island? or Old Ebonheart? and what about both?

like what if the island is more like the Helseth owned, but it acting more like a lighthouse/administraive/etc. for Old Ebonheart?
so maybe the island is a retreat for nobles, garrison for Helseth's personal forces, a haven for him and relations if they are insecure in the Indoril city of Almalexia (mournhold), and one of the last havens for House Mora/Ra'athrim

while Old Ebonheart is mostly Hlaalu some affiliated with House Mora... and it is a Hlaalu-city designed to be a port, making money off Imperial shipments, and Dres and Hlaalu shipments coming up the Thir R.