Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many installations?
06-02-2005, 07:59 AM,
How many installations?
Hi everybody,

being occupied with bug-fixing and preparing a new internal version I just wondered, if it is possible to have two installations of Morrowind on your PC. (I know that you can use multiple editors, but I can't remember, if it's possible to have more than one MW)

The background of my question is that I have about two dozen different mods in my Data Files folder and not all of them are easily removed ... especially some of those I made Rolleyes and I want to have an additional clean, Silgrad Tower only installation.

So, a short Yes or No would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
06-02-2005, 10:17 AM,

You could try adding a new account on your computer and install the two copies on different accounts? If you install the second copy in "My Documents" and make that account password-protected you should have a pretty good division between the two installs.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-02-2005, 12:51 PM,

In theory, it should be possible just to have them in different folders. Otherwise you might have to use a solution like RWs. I'll let you know when I get home
Scripting-on-demand
06-02-2005, 02:55 PM,

Might work if you have your harddrive partitioned.
Where does the light come from? ...
The same place as the music
-----
Mods Downloads
06-02-2005, 04:57 PM,

I just tested it, no need for separate partitions or users. Just install into another folder... Smile
Scripting-on-demand
06-02-2005, 05:43 PM,

Thanks a lot everybody ... those are exactly the news I need.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.