Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How smart should...
01-13-2006, 04:07 AM,

fine, lets talk daedra,

i think if daedra as a completly new set of creatures, because they vary as widely as any creatures of nim. I think of daedra collectivly as just oblivions various fauna,

and thus there are lower daedra (clannfear and whatnot) who are usually not sentient, or rather semi-sentient, possesing niether language nor culture

the mid-level daedra (ogrim, hunger) semi-sentient/sentient and usually larger and more intelligent than the lower

the high-level daedra (golden saint, twilgiht) sentient, highly intelligent, highly powerful

now i think that the player should be able to communicate with almost any daeda (remember atronach riddles? i'm definetly going to right some good ones and rework that quest!) just certain daedra would be far more intelligent than others (atronach/vermai for example)

and that thats pretty much it :yes:

(i know i forgot something)
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
01-13-2006, 06:56 PM,

I'd say Dremoras, Golden Saints, and Dark Seducers or w/e areprobably the smartest kinds
01-13-2006, 09:36 PM,

I'd say it depends on the individual Dremora. As you can see with atronach, they can be smart but they're are probably special. There is also the case of Creeper (stretching, I know) and that Deadra that guards the Holy Rock somewhere.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
01-13-2006, 09:56 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
I'd say it depends on the individual Dremora. As you can see with atronach, they can be smart but they're are probably special. There is also the case of Creeper (stretching, I know) and that Deadra that guards the Holy Rock somewhere.
yep Anhaedra, that Dremora who guards the rock in the shrine of Maar Gan... apparently he representative of Mehrunes Dagon(?) in the shrine since Dagon was gonna throw the rock but VIvec distracted him? ...I think?

anyhow that Dremora maybe important ....
01-14-2006, 09:09 AM,

You get my point. Only important Daedras are intelligent.
01-14-2006, 08:07 PM,

Have any of you read the Wheel of Time books? There is a creature in them called a Myrddraal, which by themselves are fairly smart (they are the generals of the Dark One's armies), but there is one Fade out of all the rest, called Shaidar Haran, that is smarter than all the others. Normal Myrddraals don't show emotion, they are just eyeless killers that are really only smart enought to follow orders, but know how to kill without being deteted.

Shaidar Haran on the other hand is a super Myrddraal. He show's emotion and seems to be the right hand of the Dark One. He smiles a lot when he's about to kill someone, and loves giving orders to the Forsaken (wizard's and witch's who think of themselves as one step below their master, the Dark One).

Sorry, this conversation just kind of made me think of that one creature in the series. All the rest of the Myrddraals are semi-sentient while he's super intelligent.

I do agree with Batman on the outline of what should be how sentient. Of course there are exceptions to the rules (like the Atronach's in Morrowind or the Myrddraal from above).
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
01-14-2006, 09:30 PM,

Who wrote that?
01-14-2006, 10:57 PM,

Robert Jordan
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
01-15-2006, 12:59 AM,

This might be a tad bit off topic but,how is freeing slaves going to handled?Will you see them actually walk out of the cell and exit the cave and then proceed to the town or be picked up by a slave hunter or by the twin lamps to be shipped out of VVanderfell.
01-15-2006, 04:51 AM,

Hmm, I wonder how intelligent Kwama are? I mean, since they don't realize they have been enslaved, and their masters are eating their young Smile I dunno.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]