Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to mod a conversation?
11-15-2007, 07:37 AM,
How to mod a conversation?
I'd like to break into the field of conversation, both to mod parts of quests I want to make and to add ambience to locations like Areya's Palace. So I thought I'd go ahead and ask how I would go about that, step by step.

This is what I had in mind for my first conversation. It involves an Imperial Guard, a Redoran guard, a sad fellow, and the player. The sad fellow has decided to jump off the bridge that connects Reich Parkeep, and through a quest for House Redoran the player needs to talk him out of it. The conversation would start when the player gets close enough to the three NPCs.

(Sad guy): I'll do it! I swear I'll do it!
(Imperial Guard): Well you're getting off our bridge one way or the other, Dunmer.
(Redoran Guard): Shut up you s'wit, this doesn't concern you!
(Imperial Guard): Everything that goes on in Reich Parkeep concerns the Imperial Guard. Even strays who find their way out of your shanty town and cause a commotion like this troublemaker here.
(Redoran Guard): [Grr]... Come on now [sad guy's name], let's go to the Rusty Guar and have a drink instead!
(Sad guy): [Moans]
(Imperial Guard): [Directed to the player] What are you doing here?
(Redoran Guard): [Directed to the player] Do you know [sad guy's name]?

After that the conversation ends, and the player is expected to talk to the sad guy. If the player says the right things, the sad guy calms down. If he says the wrong things... well, you get the idea. I think I can mod the part I want to take place before and after the conversation through normal dialogue and the quest script, so it's just setting up the conversation I don't quite get.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
11-15-2007, 09:37 AM,
RE: How to mod a conversation?
Are the NPC's on the same spot or in different cells?

Could you create the 4 NPC's including the dials.
The dials have to be added to the conversation tab of your quest. It's not possible to add multiple responses to the same info but I don't think the lines are to long.

Make sure the info's are in the correct order from the top to the bottom.

Further I need to know exactly who speaks to whom (for some of the lines it's clear).

For example:
Does the "sad guy" speak to the "Imperial guard" or the "Redoran Guard"?

Send me the esp and I'll add the scripts.

After that you could use these scripts and the quest as a template. Smile

EDIT
After you completed the dials I'll merge the file to the esm.
Then the voices have to be recorded (after the merge) otherwise the testing will be difficult.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
11-15-2007, 10:16 PM,

The NPCs would be in the same spot. The sad guy is thinking of jumping off the bridge and two guards are standing behind him, so that the three NPCs form a triangle.

Thanks for your offer but I would rather try to mod the conversation myself so that it can be a learning experience for me. Smile
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
11-18-2007, 05:03 AM,

I'll see if I can dig up more information than I found last time I tried to get the hang of modding conversations. Smile

blue[/HR]

Check this link.
Angel mired in filth