Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to trigger music in the game??
07-04-2006, 08:38 PM,
How to trigger music in the game??
Hello!
I?d like to discuss how trigger the music in the game.
I?ve heard of some script mentioned here (by razorwing I believe) that allows triggering music based on what area the player is in.

It?d be sweet if the script could pick music from a folder instead of playing a specific track, that way it?d be easier for the player to switch music if he does?nt like it... or something like that...

In any case I think it?ll be really cool to have area specific music. This lets us use music to put an individual touch and feel to places, which I?m very excited about. Smile

What do you guys and gals think? What about this music script thingy, what is it capable of? How will the other mods do it? (I?m with Skyrim)...
Skyrim for Oblivion Music
(last update: December 11 -06) (Nothing is final)...
All comments, suggestions and criticism is welcome!!
07-04-2006, 09:58 PM,

You'll need to wait until Bethesda allows us to add new music categories. IF they do. You can already apply music groups (the default ones) to specific regions, and specific cells.
07-07-2006, 05:41 AM,

How do you do that? I'm curious. Is it involved with a script? ?(
Lol what?
07-08-2006, 04:46 AM,

If you place an object with Axen's script on it in a cell, it will play the background music while you're in that cell. It needs to be customized before working with any other music track than the one Axen set it up with. I would suggest playtesting the latest version of Reich Parkeep; notice the music playing as soon as you've gone through the portal? That's the script in action. Then you can check out the esm in the Construction Set to see how it's done. I.e. my note model is in that cell, and the note model has Axen's script on it.

Tons of players have simply emptied the default music directories and instead put hardrock music, pop music, dance music, you name it, in those dirs and so they can customize their own soundtrack in that sense. But to control which music plays where, the music script is the only venue I know of.

I guess Bethesda's modders didn't get to mess around too much with music, and so some codemonkey hardcoded the music feature into the game instead. The script function to stream background music isn't even used by Bethesda, but luckily it works - to a degree. Since the modders didn't use it, naturally, the scripting language wasn't equipped with features to modify it in the way I think TES3 could.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]