Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to update .kf animation
01-19-2011, 07:09 PM,

Okay, gotcha.

One last question (if I'm lucky)

When I merge my animation on to an exporter biped for the game, the walking animation switches from walking towards the camera (as it did in the normal animation), to walking left to right (after merged).

In my animation, is there any way to make sure the biped faces the camera? I've tried selecting bip01 and using the Move All function in the right panel (Under the Motion Panel), but it seems whenever I merge the animation, no matter what way the actual animation walks, it goes from left to right.
01-19-2011, 07:21 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Warburg
Okay, gotcha.

One last question (if I'm lucky)

When I merge my animation on to an exporter biped for the game, the walking animation switches from walking towards the camera (as it did in the normal animation), to walking left to right (after merged).

In my animation, is there any way to make sure the biped faces the camera? I've tried selecting bip01 and using the Move All function in the right panel (Under the Motion Panel), but it seems whenever I merge the animation, no matter what way the actual animation walks, it goes from left to right.

I've never used the "Move All" function in the "Motion Panel", so I don't know what it does.

I'm kind of confused as to what you mean by "walking towards the camera".....do you mean the biped faces forward and walks forward on the positive Y axis?

I'd make sure that your "rotational" data in the NiTransformInterpolators and NiTransformDatas of your custom kf's Bip01 & NonAccum bones, match the values in the vanilla walkforward.kf's for same bones' interpolators and datas. Do that first.

If still no luck, send me your custom "walkforward.kf", so I can poke around in it and see what is going wrong.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
01-19-2011, 07:30 PM,

I'm just finishing up this KF and I'll upload it if it doesn't work so you can take a peak at it. Are you going to be around for a while?

Edit:

After viewing my updated KF in nifskope, I went to the controlled blocks (in block details) of Bip01, the interpolator is 1 NiTransformInterpolator.

Than I went to look at the nonaccum, which has an Interpolator value of 91 NiTransformInterpolator.

The weird thing is, when I travel to 1 NiTransformInterpolator in the main window, it isn't expandable, nor is the nonaccum's Interpolator data (91 NiTransformInterpolator).

Am I doing something wrong? What could be causing no data to appear in bip01 or nonaccum?
01-19-2011, 08:22 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Warburg
I'm just finishing up this KF and I'll upload it if it doesn't work so you can take a peak at it. Are you going to be around for a while?

I have other RL things I have to do today. I won't be around much longer. Just PM your kf to me, and I might get around to looking at it later tonight or tomorrow.

Quote:Edit:

After viewing my updated KF in nifskope, I went to the controlled blocks (in block details) of Bip01, the interpolator is 1 NiTransformInterpolator.

Than I went to look at the nonaccum, which has an Interpolator value of 91 NiTransformInterpolator.

The weird thing is, when I travel to 1 NiTransformInterpolator in the main window, it isn't expandable, nor is the nonaccum's Interpolator data (91 NiTransformInterpolator).

Am I doing something wrong? What could be causing no data to appear in bip01 or nonaccum?

Are you clicking on that arrow icon next to the NiTransformInterpolators? If there is no arrow, then you didn't animate the Bip01 bone at all in your animation. To make your actor walk forward in a "walkforward.kf", you have to move the Bip01 bone in your modeling/animating program, forward in the positive Y direction, using the same unit amount that the vanilla walk forward anim uses. (The positive Y axis direction is the direction of moving forward in Oblivion; likewise, the negative Y axis directions is the direction of moving "backwards", in the Oblivion game engine.) Once you do this, and you export the kf, it will then have "NiTransformData" for the Bip01 bone and the Bip01's sibling NonAccum node. After you get that sorted, you then follow the tutorial in previous linky, under its "Walking" section.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
01-20-2011, 12:37 AM,

Warburg,

I replied to your PM. I think I've found the solution for you, and perhaps future problems of yours with the method you're using. Check your inbox.

Koniption