Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use an Underwater Grass Type?
06-25-2010, 06:38 PM,
How to use an Underwater Grass Type?
Hi folks,

I've got a poser here for anyone who may have come across this. I'm trying to get a new region set up and I'd like to have most of it consisting of shallow, preferably knee-level water but what I could do with in order to create the best effect is to have a grass type that successfully pokes through the water.

It's my understanding that the separation between land and water has to be at a certain level in order for it to operate in this way. I know that the cattails do this and that the SI sea grass types should do this as well but I'm not sure how to set it up. I'll be testing the game at different levels but my current PC may make the whole process quite arduous because it means switching regularly and quickly between both the CS and the game itself. For my PC, that takes a loooong time.

I was hoping someone might have experience with some of this or may be able to offer an insight...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
06-25-2010, 09:03 PM,

Hi Ibsen.

I just saw your post as I was passing through. Although I can't answer your question directly, i can offer an alternative for research on the problem. You might want to download and look through the resources for the Alive Waters mod - it has several unique seaweed models, including grass types, that might serve as examples for you.

Drop over to TESNexus at the following links:

AliveWaters

AliveWaters Grass Bugfix 1

AliveWaters Grass Bugfix 2

Hope that is of some use.

Regards!
Bard out...

"Stop hitting that key... there is no Escape."
06-26-2010, 06:48 AM,

You have to define a texture plus the underwater grass types (screenshot).

CS Wiki grass settings.

The slope settings, below at least XX units from water and density are important.

The wave period defines the duration of the sway anim.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-12-2010, 08:12 PM,

This is just to say that I think I managed to get all of this sorted now. Thanks! :goodjob:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]