Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunting
08-22-2009, 10:02 AM,
Hunting
I suggest a Fighters Guild hunting quest. A large number of creatures terrorising a small village...

What do you think of that?
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
08-22-2009, 10:15 AM,

Good idea. But a bit too simple.

Need to add some extra like its a trap or something.

`SN
08-22-2009, 10:19 AM,

Sounds good, maybe we can make it a double quest, first you get rid of them in the village, then when you come back to collect your money, you find out that there is another assault, then you get a task to locate the monsters' hideout.
08-22-2009, 01:57 PM,

Keep going...needs developing...it could appear somewhere along the FG questline.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
08-23-2009, 04:24 AM,

I think it would be more fun if you had a larger space that has some kind of creature that killed a member of the guild and ate him. He just so happened to be carrying a large sum of money and the guild needs it back. So you go trudging through a dangerous marsh with two noobs that get killed and you have to brave the marsh alone, find the creature and slay it. There could even be a cool blood trail/body pieces you have to follow. You get rewarded a percentage of the money returned. My two cents.
08-23-2009, 09:55 AM,

Yep, sounds good, guys! :check:

If looking to develop it further then you'd need to choose a creature from our creatures thread....maybe even make a giant version of something....
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
08-23-2009, 10:49 AM,

maybe nymphs?
08-23-2009, 03:56 PM,

Quick tip.

Try to think if there was a similar quest in original Oblivion. If the answer is yes, scrap it and start over.

SwedishFish's idea is good. If it can be scripted that the two "noobs" die along the way. The blood trail could lead to a hole in the ground going steep downwards into a pitch black cave with beastly noises. The player walks too close without lighting a torch or something, he gets charged by the beast. I have some great creature sound effects that I'm just dying to alter and use for such purposes.

Ideal would be a quest to find a creature in a huge cavernous system. I'd get to add massive reverb and faux-distance effects.
08-23-2009, 04:23 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Xaeaix
Quick tip.

Try to think if there was a similar quest in original Oblivion. If the answer is yes, scrap it and start over.

SwedishFish's idea is good. If it can be scripted that the two "noobs" die along the way. The blood trail could lead to a hole in the ground going steep downwards into a pitch black cave with beastly noises. The player walks too close without lighting a torch or something, he gets charged by the beast. I have some great creature sound effects that I'm just dying to alter and use for such purposes.

Ideal would be a quest to find a creature in a huge cavernous system. I'd get to add massive reverb and faux-distance effects.

That sounds amazing,i love the idea. A strange and a special beast in the cave,which is pretty dangerous in Black Marsh. Maybe a Leviathan ?? Would be great i think.

`SN
08-23-2009, 06:08 PM,

If I manage to get this mossy cave tileset finished, is there anyone willing to create a cave system...?