Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Conceptual Idea For Dai-Katanna's
09-11-2006, 04:13 AM,

Well, we should not use the name or model of any existing Anime sword, that would be lore breaking.

But we can have a big very wide/long blade that would fit right into an anime.
Akavir mod leader.
09-11-2006, 04:26 AM,

Well yea, and cheap. But we can make quests, reasons for Phenomenal swords being there.
09-11-2006, 05:21 AM,

Here is a Blade Paturn For a sword I know who's style of blade it is but do you guy's know? well if you dont know it is in Masamune's style and im working on retextureing an akivir katana with its design and im basicly finnished ive got to change the handle and sheath's colors to a blue as Masamune favored Blues for that sort of thing as his masterfull blades were peacefull in nature. I may also start a Muramasa if you like and want the Masamune that way you can have the sword of peace and the cursed sword of madness.
Sincerly
Green Cutlass
09-11-2006, 01:07 PM,

The usage is not do to "incompetance" it dates back to arena and daggerfall.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
09-11-2006, 05:27 PM,

I know that it dates back to Daggerfall, i was talking about how in Oblivion they did a very bad job at making the model and the horrible textures :eek:

Green @nt1-n00b, the sword blade style is: U-no-kubi Zukuri (Cormorant's neck style) It does look like a Soshu-Den inspired blade (masamune's tradition of blade making has spawned and influenced a lot of sword smithing schools).
I would think that this is a Gendai-to (modern sword), because the Nakago looks brand new and it is neatly signed =)
Akavir mod leader.
09-12-2006, 04:36 PM,

yes it is new its a replica basied of of one of masamune's works in fact and it is prety good looking to i think the Rainbows on its edge realy saysomeing about the sword it was imatating as to how amazing it must have looked.
Sincerly
Green Cutlass
02-19-2007, 03:12 AM,

man you guys know your japanese swords... my head is spinning from so many confusing japanese words being used in one topic. I think for now, just getting good-looking katanas in the game, as well as tantos and wakazashis will be good. Other mind-boggling japanese swords can come later, and prehaps there can be some books in-game explaining the styles (in a way that doesn't throw lore out the window)
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
02-20-2007, 05:11 AM,

Yeah we will have some books with explainations.
Lore won't be a problem, because there isn't much official lore to begin with.
All we know is that Bethesda used real types of japanese blades for their games and that they are from Akavir, altough the term "dai-katana" is the result of some one who can't read japanese (what it should say is dai-to, and that's not even the type of sword they wanted, they should have called it an O-dachi).
We will have the tanto/wakizashi/katana/tachi/o-dachi in-game Wink
We do have a japanese club, two spears, a naginata (glaive) and japanese bows and arrows in-game already =)
You can see the progress on weapons here: Need a hand?

Edit: And yeah... i know a little something about japanese swords, i collect antiques Big Grin
Akavir mod leader.
02-20-2007, 10:00 PM,

I just like playing single player games. And Bethesda has put out some pretty good ones. I don't know much about weapons or armor either, but then since so many others do, I don't need to. I'll just keep cheering everyone else on with the fantastic work.
03-21-2007, 12:11 AM,

hmm...

chinese made swords... chopping swords for soldiers (broadsword) as well as long-knives in the earlier days... swords weren't too common in the ancient times... and scholar-warriors/nobles had the double edged one-hand but could be two-handed sword... but then something bad happened...

Japanese also developed a sword, perhaps learning stuff from the Chinese their neighbor so they adapted swords to their warfare and developed the katana... a sword superior than most Chinese swords and widely distributed amongst their warrior-class, samurai... and they had plenty of samurai

so what did the Chinese do to counter a superior sword in the hands of well trained samurai?
they didn't make higher quality blades, oh no, they just made a short thick chopper called Da-Dao, literally 'big knife' so that the katana couldn't just chop the sword in half :lol:

says something about China and Japan...
Japan adapts something, makes it a thousand times better, and makes a thousand more of them
China just makes it bigger and more brutal and makes a bunch of them, but not necessarily high quality

Big Grin enough of my musings, I know very little of japanese weapons and only a little more of their martial arts... Chinese martial arts is where I can say I know something Smile