Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am in need of help... or i might flip out.
10-01-2005, 04:18 AM,
I am in need of help... or i might flip out.
I am trying to get some practice on elder scrolls construction set, but it won't let me open the Data File morrowind (only have the original installed right now since i just wiped my comp and reinstalled Windows),. It claims there is an "animation group note problem. see warnings.txt file. Continue running executable?"

I tried running the game itself and it had to close out and "send error report" as soon as I fricken clicked the play button on the menu. This is soo depressing, i actually have time to hone my modding skills this weekend, and i find out my computer is not liking morrowind anymore.

Could it be that I don't have service pack 2 for XP? I thought about that, but probably not. It used to work fine with a crud load of plugins and both upgrades, and now it wont even take the original WITH THE VERSION 1.2 UPDATE!!!!
MY COMPUTER GAMING SYSTEM-(my precious)
--Pentium 4 northwood 3.0ghz CPU
--chaintech MB (eww!)
--1.5GB of PC3200 DDR SDRAM
--Gigabyte Radeon 9200 128MB (getting at least a 9800pro 256MB soon)
--310gb HD space
17" CRT (ohh yea!)
--DVD-ROM
10-01-2005, 05:38 AM,

As you say you just reinstalled Windows, my first hunch is that the problem might be caused by you not having the latest drivers for your graphics cards. I doubt it has to do with missing service packs. I don't think there were any around when Morrowind came out, so it would seem strange if it depended on them. The guys here might be able to help you more. Good luck!
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]