Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'd like to voice act.
05-14-2006, 05:03 PM,
I'd like to voice act.
Hello there, my name is Opaqe (lacking the U). I'm completley new to modding, and i've been checking out mods all over the internet. This mod is easily the most impressive out there.

I would love to be able to say that I even had the smallest part in this mod. I can't really..."mod well" so to say, but I read that you need voice actors. I don't neccisarily know how to create a sample, and I don't have daggerfall or bloodmoon so I can't even check out any of it. So, i'd just like to know how to create a sample so you guys can check out my voice and see if i'm good enough. Some lines would be cool too.

This is really hard to post without sounding like a nub, well actually I can't do that. Oh well i'm a noob, but I want to help. So...help me help you? Please?

:bananarock: - :eek:

Edit: I hope this works...
Hey mom, can I have some money? The ice cream man is coming!!

Wu
05-14-2006, 10:02 PM,

Hi Opaqe, and welcome to the Silgrad Tower team!
:wave:

We all come into the world knowing nothing, and everyone who knows more than you do right now knew less than you do now before they learnt it. It's as simple as that, and my impression has always been that we're kind and respectful towards newbies in the team. Smile

We definitely need voice actors who can supply dialogue lines in lip- and mp3 file pairs. It makes the mod more fun to play, but it's also for technical reasons, since dialogue without voice work displays very rapidly (as well as confusing players who play without subs). We've had a few modders interested in voice acting before, but so far no-one's been able to supply the necessary file pairs to make it work. But perhaps you can? It would be awesome if you did, because I've been itching to have a go at setting up voice work, but since no-one has supplied any useable files yet I haven't been able to.

The best way, and nigh-on the only way, to do it is to record the lines through the Construction Set, since that'll create the lip files on the fly; then it's just a matter of converting the resulting .wav to an .mp3 file to the specifications of theOblivion engine's voice work. Or so I've heard; I don't have any recording equipment myself, but I've read that explanation on ESF a couple of times.

If you can try that out, could you just record something extremely simple like "Hello!" and post up the lip- and mp3 file? I could then set it up in the mod, and if it pans out, I can PM you dialogue lines already written into the mod.

Having The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall or The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind: Bloodmoon wouldn't do you much good since our mod is being developed for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Did you by any chance mean something different? In either case, the only thing you need to have is Oblivion and the CS.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-14-2006, 10:07 PM,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

"NOTE: Silgrad Tower requires Tribunal and Bloodmoon! You cannot install Silgrad Tower without it."

Uhh, I thought that meant that I could only play it with Tribunal and Bloodmoon installed onto my computer? Or am I wrong?

Alright, i'll go record in TES Construction Set, mind telling me where the recording is? I'll search for it either way. I'm kinda excited to be able to do this tbh Smile

And how do I put the files up here? Is it like a picture and I host it somewhere? And anyone know of a good file converter? I know there not hard to find, i'm just looking for a good not crappy one. Big Grin

P.S. That wave thing is awesome.

Wu
05-14-2006, 10:18 PM,

That's for the TES3 Silgrad Tower.
05-14-2006, 10:27 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Axen
That's for the TES3 Silgrad Tower.

Okay then. Did you guys make two Silgrad Towers? I'm not fully aware of the history of this mod. So if I were to download this off of TESSource it'd work fine right?

Wu
05-14-2006, 10:28 PM,

Yep.

Sorry for the confusion, Opaqe. I just left the old TES3 download on the download page for now, since our TES4 mod(s) are still just in the test phases. There's no development on the old mod to speak of; most of us are focusing on the various Oblivion mods we have going on.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
05-15-2006, 06:28 PM,

This is what I came up with for a free converter. It doesn't seem to have any spyware (at least none that my cleaners could find) and it has loads of options. In fact I might start using this one instead of the one I paid $20 for! It supports a lot of formats too.

EDIT: A link might help Rolleyes
05-15-2006, 09:16 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by bobbyhood
This is what I came up with for a free converter. It doesn't seem to have any spyware (at least none that my cleaners could find) and it has loads of options. In fact I might start using this one instead of the one I paid $20 for! It supports a lot of formats too.

EDIT: A link might help Rolleyes

Thanks Bobbyhood!

Now I just need something to record, all the things I thought would work...won't. At least that is Vetrillo, Teamspeak and Windows Media Player...

(Vent and TS cause I don't have a server.)

Edit: And we have recording! Apparently Microsoft XP has a crappy 60 second recorded that will substantiate my needs for now! Now to read Razors' signature and put the file up...

Wu
05-15-2006, 09:22 PM,

I thought I would clarify that if you don't record through the CS and supply lip- and mp3 file pairs, there's no guarantee the voice work can be used for anything.
Angel mired in filth
05-15-2006, 09:33 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
I thought I would clarify that if you don't record through the CS and supply lip- and mp3 file pairs, there's no guarantee the voice work can be used for anything.

I don't have really anything to say though. I have a video from CES Wiki on how to create dialouge, I do believe it goes over exactly what you're saying.

Right now i'm just trying to get my intro up.

Awww, crap it's too big. Gotta make a new one.

Oh, making a lip file is actually pretty easy...and I coulda just used TES to record it in the first place....

;_;

Oh well I have the intro and the lip file for it, whether that does any good or not, but it's still to large. :|

Final Edit?: Well I got the akward intro up! Finally! Wow, I sound interesting. Just as a heads up, I have the Lip file for that if it's needed (doubt it). I can alter my voice if it's not pretty enough >.>

Wu