Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IATE's Sheogorath's Chambers
06-13-2007, 01:40 AM,
IATE's Sheogorath's Chambers
Sorry if this is close to the release of DA's home which is also in the isles, but I've officially run out of ideas, and I've decided to let anyone be a beta tester for it. Tell me if you find any bugs, give me ideas with which to clutter some empty rooms or add new ones, and other stuff.

Sheogorath's Chambers v0.5:
Filefront Link
NOTE: You need BOTH Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine

To see anything of the mod, you need to complete the last quest in the Shivering Isles MQ. You can't have completed it already, but you need to complete it with the mod loaded. If you've already done it, you can type, coc "111SheggsChambers01". If you do the quest with the mod in, you should notice a key appear with the rewards on your throne.

To get into the chambers from the Isles, the only way is to go down into the fountainhead, and you should notice there is now a door down the first ramp to your left. I eventually want to implement travel in a spell that can be picked up in the chambers to save you a trip, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Currently there is only a palace for Mania, but I'm going to eventually finish up the Mania palace and then build a duplicate Dementia version which will be acessable depending on which side you chose. I just started with Mania because it looks cooler. Tongue

The main story of it that I'm planning to stick into a book eventually is that Sheogorath, after knowing that he wouldn't make it through the Greymarch, left you a palace he has on a land to the far north of the main isles, which is one of his two retreats. If you picked to be the count of Mania, he will leave you only the Mania palace because he knows you won't be happy with anything related to Dementia and vice-versa. You can feel free to relax in the extravagant palace, stroll through it's gardens and see the sights. But, he decided to make the inheritance a bit more fun by adding a special surprise. There is a hidden key somewhere in the palace that will unlock the door to a hidden area, which is the hall with the two locked doors in the middle of the main room by the plants. Find it, and who knows what you may find.

I think I'll omit the key's location here, as finding it is part of the testing and I want to see how easy or hard it is.
Lol what?
06-13-2007, 01:44 AM,

Rather than a private retreat, why not make it have a small settlement? Just 3-5 buildings with what a player would need, and possibilities for quests (I might make one).

Also, just change the spell haskill gives you to go there! It should fit in more seamlessly that way.

Also, you can give Haskill some dialogue about it, and even though it won't match the text, give him some of his short quips to say so there will be voice.

Anything to make it fit in more seamlessly.

Love the mani/dementia choice!
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
06-13-2007, 01:50 AM,

You're so nice DA! Even after I just released this out when you were doing yours.....makes me feel kinda bad...Sad

I was hoping to avoid NPC's I'm terrible when it comes to those. I was really pushing it by just trying to tweak scripts, which several don't even work...

If you want to check out what some of the Dementia stuff would look like, I have the textured exterior palace set in the file, complete with custom UV'd windows like the Mania set (my favorite feature in NIFScope, UV Edit)

The spell Haskill gives you could work, but it involves all of this placing at certain coordinates and stuff I think. I can take a look at it, and I suppose I can just plop down an NPC where I want the player to pop up in the CS and use those coordinates.
Lol what?
06-13-2007, 01:54 AM,

Add the npcs without packages, no one will care, and I can add Dialogue fine. Looking forward to this release! The reason I made my house was partialy because I thought it was an untapped area in the mod making arena, but also because I just love the isles and want more content there.

Perhaps we could colaborate on a quest mod there? Since people will need more than just houses to stay there.
06-13-2007, 01:57 AM,

Hmmm, I guess if you want we could collaborate with the mods, maybe we can expand your island and plop my palace on it or something. That way, the player can get a house at any point through the isles (ok well not the fringe unless one is stuck in Passwall) and then the palace after finishing Shivering Isles
Lol what?
06-13-2007, 01:58 AM,

Not what I meant, I meant a new mod in the future.

I'm content with my current house mod and will continue to add content to it as I feel like it, there is always a market for the smaller house mods and choice is fine. So I'd rather they remain seperate.
06-13-2007, 02:15 AM,

Sure. To be honest the palace actually has no main entrance, so I don't know how it would work really.

Well, guess I'll get some screens up.

[Image: ScreenShot148.jpg]
Portal Chamber
[Image: ScreenShot147.jpg]
Amber Mine
[Image: ScreenShot146.jpg]
Small Study
[Image: ScreenShot145.jpg]
Alchemy Counter
[Image: ScreenShot144.jpg]
Locked Hallway
[Image: ScreenShot143.jpg]
Dining Table
[Image: ScreenShot142.jpg]
Baths
[Image: ScreenShot141.jpg]
Palace Courtyard
[Image: ScreenShot140.jpg]
In-Ground Hallway
[Image: ScreenShot139.jpg]
Bedroom Window
[Image: ScreenShot138.jpg]
Bedroom
[Image: ScreenShot137.jpg]
Guest Room
[Image: ScreenShot136.jpg]
Grummite Altar (Key location but good luck finding it)
[Image: ScreenShot135.jpg]
Palace Shrine (or rather the waterway in it)
[Image: ScreenShot134.jpg]
Palace Exterior
[Image: ScreenShot133.jpg]
Entry Hall

What do you think? Is it beautiful? Big Grin
Lol what?
06-13-2007, 05:29 AM,

It needs more detail but... It's.... Huge. And could be very beautiful with a little more clutter. No. Make that a lot more clutter. Make this mod perfect. Then just release it. Out of nowhere.

Edit: And let's hold off on that quest mod. I just had another idea that could take a bit of time.
06-13-2007, 09:30 AM,

That's beautiful, IATE!! Absolutely stunning! :goodjob: :banana:
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.

->Sir Winston Churchill
06-13-2007, 09:52 AM,

Nice Smile
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"