Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMPORTANT: Landscape and Region Concepting
10-30-2007, 05:49 PM,

Quote:Marshy!

That marshy shot would be cool to make too.
I was thinking something alike although im not sure where would that fit the best?

1.The very coastal going on and then merging into the sea
2.Somewhere in very middle of the swamps
3.Some of the lakes that are in the map would be marshy and walkable to some point till it gets deeper (not sure how big those lakes are t hough with current scaling so maybe a bad idea)
10-30-2007, 08:52 PM,

The marsh isn't going to just be one type of jungle, it will be diversified among the entire continent.
The creature is easily made, just a ogre remodel and texture.
Farther to the north there will be imperial foresters, among other races. But when it gets deeper, and closer to Helstrom, there will only be Argonian (maybe Dunmer) influence.
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
10-31-2007, 01:10 AM,

Hey Alasdair, I like the "Marshy" photo, it brings a new idea to the plate. I have to admit I like the atmosphere of a jungle/cypress/mangrove swamp more then an endless plain or marsh, but in praticality, shouldn't there be a bit of the "Marshy" concept added as well, since this is the "Black Marsh", and not the "Black Jungle"? I really like the atmosphere of the Jungle, but it's up for debate as to how "lore correct" it would be to make the entire Black Marsh a jungle/cypress/mangrove swamp.

Thank you everybody for the concepts and photos. Big Grin
"Your love of the Halfling's leaf has clearly slowed your mind."
-Saruman

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything."
-Jim Morrison, The Doors
11-01-2007, 01:24 AM,

[Image: Miasma.jpg]
[Image: fiji_feejee_exp_jungle_swamp.jpg]
[Image: swamp_forest.jpg]
Added
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors
11-01-2007, 02:02 AM,
What does lore say about hurricanes?
Living in Florida, you think about these things. Smile Being on the eastern edge of a continent certainly sets up for cyclonic possibilities. Maybe a type of weather that's must nastier than gentle Leyawiin rain. Maybe run with that and crosshatch the provine with two gradients: east-to-west gets drier, while north-to-south gets wetter. Then lay that grid over BM and base your various terrains on that.

Just a thought,
Steve
11-01-2007, 03:30 AM,

I dunno about hurricanes, but I wouldn't doubt it. It actually could be really cool, if executed properly.

But It would be a rarity, and a beauty at that. :yes:
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
11-01-2007, 04:49 AM,

SacArrow suggested that we make a rain/fog/high winds weather. With some sounds, it wouldn't be too hard to make a tropical storm weather. It would be kind of cool.
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors
11-14-2007, 11:10 AM,

Nice pictures :goodjob:
11-14-2007, 01:11 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Grey Wizard
SacArrow suggested that we make a rain/fog/high winds weather. With some sounds, it wouldn't be too hard to make a tropical storm weather. It would be kind of cool.

I agree, Sounds already do a lot. and if you can make items that have a low weight get blown away? would make it realy cool. i'm not realy sure tbh. Not very good at those things.
Member of -
TES IV: Black Marsh (Core Member)
11-15-2007, 01:14 AM,

We could make leaves blow in the wind like a hurricane, but as far as objects go, it would take a great deal of work for a quality appearance, but it would be worth it.

[Image: hurricane.jpg]
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors