Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ITEM THAT NEEDs WORK
05-20-2006, 07:10 PM,
ITEM THAT NEEDs WORK
This is open for the taking if anyone is interested in it please let me know..................

I have had similar warnings when I've created script, I don't understand what it means "script not compiled"

I know in the script editor their is an option to "re-compile"
what does this do?

Bob

Quest:

Place: Ebbindin
NPC: Darvala Sethri

Error:

Script sltw_za_NPCnightscript
Dialogue topic Darvala's amulet was not found on line 2.
Compiled script not saved!

==>CompileAndRun problem was found in Topic "my amulet"

"Yes, it's been missing for over a month now. I believe @the witch# has it, her home is southeast of here. If you could somehow retrieve @my amulet#, I would be very grateful."
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
05-20-2006, 08:19 PM,
RE: ITEM THAT NEEDs WORK
It seems to be a missing Dialogue Topic 'Darvala's amulet'

Unless you wan't to completly rewrite that quest, it well probably be best to remove that quest.

Might work if you change 'Darvala's amulet' into 'my amulet' in the script, but without actually looking at the script, dialogue, quest, i can't say for sure.
MSN: ancientdwarvenchaosknight@hotmail.com
05-20-2006, 09:04 PM,
It can be removed

I'd rather get the interiors done first than worry bout quests, another quest can be added later.

Bob

05-20-2006, 11:05 PM,
I have had similar warnings when I've created script, I don't understand what it means "script not compiled"

When you write a script it is just a text document,you have to compile it to a different format so that the computer recognises that it is executable code and not simply a text document. The message 'Script not compiled' is telling you that the script needs to be compiled for it to be recognised as executable code. Effectively it is just an error message warning you that there is something wrong with the script, probably because the syntax is wrong.

'I know in the script editor their is an option to "re-compile"what does this do ?

It attempts to compile the text document into a format that the game engine recognises as executable code, if you have repaired the script it will compile and will execute when you play the game. If you haven't repaired it then the script will refuse to compile,the game engine won't recognise it as executable code, your script won't work and you will keep on getting error messages.

HTH
05-21-2006, 12:16 AM,
Too Cool

Thanks for the lesson

Let me give you a small example of what Im refering too and maybe you can learn me about this also

I took a Script directly from the "Scripting for Dummies" handbook

it had to do with the opening of a chest and requiring the PC to answer a riddle.... exactly like the Hrothmund's Burrow which is a Thirsk Quest to become Chieftain (Bloodmoon esp) if you have experience with that.

Anyway it worked perfectly.......so I was working on an interior a few weeks ago and I wanted that same script on a door so I wrote it exactly letter for letter the same script and I got the error message

ScriptError: "what" not found on line 14

The "what" was in reference to the question What is my name?

It was thier, it was on line 14 I was lost, my brain froze, and I gave up
I tryed it again last night same thing then this explains the reason why I got the not compiled error cause the error (above) wasnt fixed

I may actually try it again

Thanks Very much
Bob