Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Illunibi
04-29-2007, 02:11 PM,

alright let me explain this, it's kinda a complex situation

Great House Dagoth had holdings all over Morrowind, especially around Kogoruhn, back in the days when clan-loyalties were more fluid, and the Houses not as centralized. All of the five other Great Houses were rallied by the Tribunal to massacre Great House Dagoth probably on the pretext that the Dagoths had betrayed Nerevar, not true... So the Dagoth adults were all slaughtered save Dagoth ur and his brothers who had been in Red Mountain. The orphans of Great House Dagoth were adopted by the other Houses who probably felt a little guilty about slaughtering a staunch ally who had a dark reputation but had been fighting the Dwemer just as hard. Plus, Voryn Dagoth was there with Nerevar, and at this point it was thought that he was killed, so the other Houses, having been united on the principle of unity and an end to internal-feuding, probably felt bad about betraying their ally, even though they were urged to by Nerevar's three advisor-generals. And killing kids isn't cool anyhow.
Dagoths or Dagoth descent have risen up now and then over the years, never dying out, but never succeeding. There were usually always some guerilla-rebels in the wilds especially around Vvardenfell. Many continued their practices as Dagoths in secret and in non-militant ways. But the uprising featured in Poison Song and Dagoth Thras (who's real blood-lineage is questionable but did rally a force of Dagoth-descent) are two very notable ones. More gradual is the uprising of the 6th House Cult, fueled by Dagoth ur's power and corprus disease carried on the Blight storms. This was the latest and most potentially devastating form of Dagoth uprising. Though it had been slowly growing in power all this time, it was only more recently that Dagoth Ur was almost ready to send his minions forth and conquer Morrowind, and perhaps later Tamriel. His vision was much less secular than the other uprisings as he saw things on a mytheopic level, in the long term, and realized he could forge a Nirn-empire, shrouding the mortal plane in a cloud of stability, and in a sense, slavery... but in another perspective... empowerment.

Great House Dagoth is dead in all its previous incarnations. However it is definitely possible with the chaotic conditions and tension in Morrowind that perhaps more Dagoth descent will rise up and attempt an uprising, probably somewhere that is nigh inaccessbile and hard for punitive action to be made. Who knows? Redoran may be great warriors but they keep getting screwed over in invasions, Hlaalu may be great traders but their influence relies on the Empire and Helseth's monarchy, the Indoril may be large and rich, but their pride cannot last forever when their gold and clans run thin. The Telvanni are great wizard-lords but they mainly stay isolated or provoke retribution with their aggressive young mages. The Dres maybe floating on the political seas as of now, but their young nobility's choice to throw their lot in with helseth can means much internal feud as most of the Dres are the stereotype, the most traditional of all Houses. But Great House Dagoth, despite being wiped out, has tried to resurface periodically throughout the times... and their tenacity is something to be pitied and admired.

OK... if you are still reading you are a champion, now to be an awesome champ, read more

Now on Vvardenfell there is a small underground movement... but it is powerful...
They're descendants of Great House Dagoths, the progeny of the orphans they come to Vvardenfell, several hundred, and have quietly in small numbers gathered in the ancient strongholds of Kogoruhn, Falasmaryon, and Barysimayn. They have killed off all the Corprus-men but have spared a small group. This small group include Dagoth Velos, and they are a very few corprus-Dagoths that now, at their level of empowerment, can think freely (unlike lesser dreamers and sleepers)... however, this means they know their power is limited for the Heart, they can longer sense it. They help lead this underground revolution. The Great House Dagoth wants to legitimize their House or at least have a quiet place to reconnect with their past, reoncile and make a fresh start... yes a group of desperate, idealistic, young Dagoth descent...
so after killing off many of the old shameful (in their view) 6th House cult, they inherit Great House Dagoth's great reserves of weaponry, of wealth and contacts with underground associations like the Camonna Tong. The Great House Dagoth envisions a new start, a fresh new beginning to become a House. The 6th House Cult is tenacious however... and after the Great House Dagoth and the Temple secretly make a deal to kill them off, the 6th House Cult gathers at Red Mt., practically unassasilable.. basically, the Temple KNOWS what it has done to Dagoths in the past, and KNOWS that Great House Dagoth in its most recent incarnation means no harm to the Temple... thus they are willing to support the House Dagoth against the 6th House Cult... not that they like the Great House Dagoth though... no ones says the Temple won't backstab the House Dagoth after the House Dagoth kills off the 6th House Cult.. but the new Dagoths are well prepared, well-led, and hard to get to....

Great House Dagoth will foloow in the tradition of their ancestors and previous rebels... inhabiting unreakable fortresses, and perpetuating a guerilla war if need be... that has been the way of House Dagoth since the massacre of their people. Their highest folk can commune with telekinesis, whether due to the fact they were once 6th House Cultists or if they are simply powerful magicians...
sorta like they see their past as sad and shameful and that they feel they have the right and need to band together and to start anew... there is war on the mainland, and where better to go than to Vvardenfell, their old holdings to be away from the troubles of Morrowind and to reconcile with their past and make their House...
they appeal to the war-weary poor and veterans. While Redoran appeal to the warriors, Telvanni to the magical, Hlaalu to the mercantile, Dres to the domineering, and Indoril to the proud lineages.... this new Dagoth House appeals to the tenacious poor, those oppressed or poor folk to are willing now to stand up and fight for a better future... and there-in lies their power... as long as there are Dagoths who know their old traditions and histories, as long as there is turmoil to help supply them with new initiates from the desperate poor of Morrowind... House Dagoth can hold out

but nothing garuntees their success...
it just another uprising of Dagoths...
but they MAYBE they will succeed Confusedhrug:
04-29-2007, 03:20 PM,

Yay for champions! Makes House Dagoth sound completely awesome, and i'm rooting for those piteous oppressed orphans all the way. They should rise to power once again, led by the epic lore of KuKulzA.

I'm serious, if you tried, you could write lore that would make me root for the cliffracers as the new masters of Vvardenfell
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-29-2007, 03:24 PM,

i would be great for writing propaganda...

just remember, despite the fact that Great House Dagoth is a group that can be rooted for...

remember, they will let nothing stand in the way of their uprising... if it means killing people from other Houses, purging their own House, whatever... they will do it... they are an idealistic extremist, oppressed, and mostly poor people... and so, despite the fact they can be rooted for... they are extremist and dangerous...

sorta like a terrorist-rebel organization like Ugandan freedom fighters... you can be sympathetic but the extent they will go to see their goals met borderlines on the atrocity level... only if they are pushed to that... but then again, no one is going to simply say that they can be a House, they;ve been hated since the days of Resdayn... thats like BC stuff
04-29-2007, 03:52 PM,

True, true... that's why you're good at propaganda. You could probably base a questline around Dagoth's "dark side", and exactly how far they're willing to go to achieve recognition. It's a very interesting concept, seeing an essentially terroristic group fighting with good intentions but with an "end justifies means" mentality
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-29-2007, 03:56 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
True, true... that's why you're good at propaganda. You could probably base a questline around Dagoth's "dark side", and exactly how far they're willing to go to achieve recognition. It's a very interesting concept, seeing an essentially terroristic group fighting with good intentions but with an "end justifies means" mentality
and a history that tells them they have no choice, they won't be accepted unless others are forced to recgonize them, and they have been betrayed in the past... its not like they are gonna forget it, no sir, they are bent on getting their way, and they are armed with hundreds of years of their forefathers' rebellions, they know what works and what doesn't...
and now with Morrowind in turmoil, they have a chance to rise up
04-29-2007, 05:39 PM,

Is this tied to the MQ? I got no trouble joining this house Smile Maybe you then want to add 2 different storylines, one more noble the other a more dark House Dagoth.
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
04-29-2007, 08:10 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Mormacil
Is this tied to the MQ? I got no trouble joining this house Smile Maybe you then want to add 2 different storylines, one more noble the other a more dark House Dagoth.
yes tied to the Main quest...
and my thoughts are that....
you will get to see their causes, their practices, and their leader
basically, for the Dagoths, the good, the bad, and the ugly... :lol:

so all sides of their story... G.B. and the U.