Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In game map for STLand
03-14-2010, 12:17 PM,
In game map for STLand
I have tried and succeeded to create an esp which allows me to see the world map of Silgrad Tower created by TID in game. The map exist for some time, but was never included in the mod for error reasons.
Silgrad Towers guide for an in-game map.
I created some copys of the map and put them in the menus50 and menus80 folder. I don't know if that helped anything.
I also renamed the directory of where the map should be: Data\Textures\menus\map\world to Data\Textures\Menus\Map\world. It's nothing more but adding capitals. it worked for me, but I don't know if it works for the other people.

About the esp file: The location of the marker isn't perfect. It's not easy to adjust the cell coordinates. I'm pretty sure the NW corner has the right coordinates, but i can't tell about the SE corner.

About the map: the map is IIRC smaller then the Tamriel map and it has no roads. There are also a very few markers (mostly at the forgotten garden).

I'll upload some screens later.
03-14-2010, 02:12 PM,

edit: blackbird I had not read the link you gave.

I now understand Smile

Have a great day
Charles
03-14-2010, 03:00 PM,

I don't know which map you're using but the latest Core version (screenshot) is very accurate courtesy of TID, the same applies to his Forgotten Garden Map. Smile

If it's the same dds file, then you used inaccurate settings.

We didn't merge the map because the roads weren't finished at that moment in time. Further the HM changed so these changes have to be incorporated.

It will be included in ST v3.0.

Always use relative file paths, otherwise the map can't be used by every player (different drive and/or path), the same applies to texture paths.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-14-2010, 03:13 PM,

@Sandor, I downloaded the file from this post. I selected the esp. But I still have the cyrodill map when I am in STland. What am I doing wrong?

edit: do I have to follow those steps? I was thinking that was what you had done to create the esp.
03-14-2010, 03:33 PM,

There are two different methods.

1. Load the map into the CS (using the original file path using 'map') and save, then follow the steps (4, 5 , 6)and edit the esp with a hex editor.

2. Or rename the 'map' directory (textures\menus\map\world) to 'Map'.
    Load the map into the CS and save, then rename the 'Map' directory to 'map'.
I prefer 1, it's faster.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-14-2010, 03:38 PM,

I use the map which I could find in my data files directory and I have extracted the map from the one of the latest bsa's. I think it's same one.
I realize that map needs to be changed according the recent evolutions of the ST Mod. It's only a temporate mod and useful for those who which to see a Silgrad Tower in game map and not the default cyrodiil map.

I have edited the path settings in my opening post.

Which map coordinates are you using sandor? I'm pretty sure the NW coordinate is -96,-96 and the map dimensions are 2048*2048

@ Zurke: are you asking to me or Sandor? The file from that post of Sandor is a colored cyrodiil map.
The file path needs to have capitals, but that a work of a few minutes.
03-14-2010, 03:53 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by blackbird
I use the map which I could find in my data files directory and I have extracted the map from the one of the latest bsa's. I think it's same one.
I realize that map needs to be changed according the recent evolutions of the ST Mod. It's only a temporate mod and useful for those who which to see a Silgrad Tower in game map and not the default cyrodiil map.
IIRC we agreed not to release the map until TID finished the map (as per his request).

I am not sure if the map in the bsa is the latest version, however I do have the latest version on my hard drive.

Quote:Originally posted by blackbird
Which map coordinates are you using sandor? I'm pretty sure the NW coordinate is -96,-96 and the map dimensions are 2048*2048
Please look at the screenshot.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-14-2010, 04:06 PM,

@blackbird, Thank You. I was speaking to Sandor. When I place a '@' symbol next to a name that is who I am directing my comment to Smile

@Sandor, I have the new textured map working. It looks good. My only issue is that I am still located south of the imperial city when I look at the map. Is this normal? Is the player location thing still being worked on?
03-14-2010, 04:08 PM,

@ Zurke: I'm sorry, but I haven't noticed it.
@ Sandor: thank you for the coordinates and the explanation.
03-14-2010, 06:58 PM,

How would this look? I made it for myself, but maybe you could use it?