Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broadsheets in Steadhelm
05-23-2007, 03:40 PM,
Broadsheets in Steadhelm
Hey,

I've written some broadsheets meant solely for Steadhelm and I posted them in the "Broadsheets in Reich Parkeep" thread. Since that isn't really organised I thought Steadhelm would need it's own thread. So, here it is. Everyone wanting to submit broadsheets to Steadhelm just post them here.

For the time being I suggest naming the broadsheet 'The Steadhelm Courier'.

Cuthalion

[TITLE]Written broadsheets - Finished:[/TITLE]

The Steadhelm Courier

Special Edition:

Dark Brotherhood hideout revealed!

?Steadhelm's Militia has uncovered one of the secret hideout's of the Dark Brotherhood, all within have been killed!"

Says the Steadhelm Guard Captain

By Relamus Veloth

Lately, Steadhelm has suffered a disturbing amount of killings. Three people were arrested, the accusations against them are all the same: The summoning of the Dark Brotherhood. Three weeks ago the Steadhelm Guard Captain promised the people of Steadhelm to track down and kill the blood hungry assasins.

The Dark Brotherhood is a guild of assasins, and they train efficient killers. They worship their god, called Sithis and their patron is the Night Mother. Their services are called upon by performing the Ritual of The Night Mother, in which the Night Mother herself is called forth. This Ritual is forbidden by law and can be punished by death. The Dark Brotherhood uses secret hideouts to shelter their assasins.

And now, the Steadhelm hideout has been found and according to an eyewitness, four members of the Dark Brotherhood were executed. Two died fighting, and nine of the town guards died trying to stop the flooding of death that has raged Steadhelm for so long. They did, praise be to the dead guards, for safeguarding us: the living!

[TITLE]Written broadsheets - subject to changes:[/TITLE]

The Steadhelm Courier

Special Edition:

Anonymous Mage of the Steadhelm Mages Guild reports!

?There is something wrong here, in Steadhelm! Weird sounds have been heared at the Steadhelm Mages Guild, and I suspect an elaborate plot to overthrow the Steadhelm Mayor is about!?

Says the mage who decides to stay anonymous.

By Relamus Veloth.

Since the, much disputed, approval of Vanco Valean as HeadMage of the Steadhelm Mages Guild, things have changed. Although not completely rule abiding, the Mages Guild second-in-command, the Breton female Mabrelle Masola, is honored by many as the one who had deserved the post of Head Mage of the Steadhelm Mages Guild compound. According to many, there were 'political' reasons for the appointment of Valean. Whatever those reasons were; the stranged rumors have slipped past the Mages Guild' guards. Two are actually facts: A struggling person has been brought, flanked by two battlemages, to the Mages Guild. Also, two members of the Mages Guild have been killed, in the street.

"Valean is trying to bring down the Mayor of Steadhelm!" screamed our informant enthousiasticly to our reporter, "He has already detained his son, the mystery man who struggled against the spells of those Mage Guild Enforcers! And Valean could be right that he would succeed, after the mayor and his wife Valean is the most influential man in Steadhelm! I'm also confident that HE killed my two brothers, and I'm sure he's threatening the good lady Masola now!". According to several reports inside the community of mages, Vanco Valean has been branded a 'Most sinister, vile, cruel and horrible' man. Though positive reports come through now and then, "Sir Vanco Valean has put through reforms that were necessary after the fall of the Necromancers!". Still, a person who isn't a pleasant man to be with, isn't necessarily a violant murderer.
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
05-24-2007, 05:28 PM,
RE: Broadsheets in Steadhelm
Steadhelm has no Mayor.

Check this link.

For the name of the broadsheet I'll start a new thread.

blue[/HR]

A general remark.

Quote:Originally written by Razorwing
...unless it's obvious to the player he'll never find any trace of the events that took place in the broadsheet in the real world of our mod, the broadsheet should not be included.
I fully agree.

blue[/HR]
Quote:Originally written by Cuthalion
Two are actually facts: A struggling person has been brought, flanked by two battlemages..
You should mod this NPC to support your story etc.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD