Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing the SI
05-14-2007, 07:28 PM,

I haven't a v1.1 from Oblivion more.
I 've installed the SI and the patch for SI.
I do still have the 1.0 CS.
05-14-2007, 07:36 PM,

Create a DataNew directory in your Oblivion folder.
Copy all the content of the data directory to the DataNew directory.
Make a copy of the the Oblivion exe and rename it to OblivionSI. Copy the OblivionSI exe to the Oblivion directory, there are now two exes (Oblivion and OblivionSI).

Uninstall Oblivion (don't worry, SI is in the dataNew) directory.

Install Oblivion and patch it to the v1.1.

Rename the data directories and the name of the exe if you want to switch to SI, as described in my previous post.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-15-2007, 08:31 AM,

That should work , i just renamed the Oblivion esm to Oblivion 1.2 which was with SI installed then ran the disk and it patched the missing esm with the one from the disk, then I patched that with the 1.1 patch. This way i have 2 esm files, one for modding and one for SI.

Note: Sorry for the Swearing above Smile
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
06-24-2007, 12:42 AM,
Non-SI dependant plugin with SI installed?
Is there a walkthrough any place on how to make a plugin that is not dependant on SI, because from what I recall once you installed it, because it edited the Oblivion ESM it would make plugins automatically dependant.
06-24-2007, 12:33 PM,
RE: Non-SI dependant plugin with SI installed?
I merged the OP with the current thread.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-24-2007, 12:36 PM,

My SI doens't want to work anymore. I can only play the 1.0v with Silgrad Tower (and only silgrad tower), the one I'm using for modding.
06-24-2007, 12:39 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by blackbird
My SI doens't want to work anymore. I can only play the 1.0v with Silgrad Tower (and only silgrad tower), the one I'm using for modding.
I play with both the versions (also for modding) and used the method as described above.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-25-2007, 02:19 PM,

it just seems that my pc doens't want to accept/recognize Oblivion with SI.
02-12-2008, 10:44 PM,

After a long time, I have uninstalled oblivion and reinstalled oblivion with the SI. However the version without Si has been uninstalled and the one with SI needed to be deleted. The SI addition works now. However, I can't install a version of ob anymore without the SI. I don't know if somebody could help me or if somebody could made my ST mods not dependent on the SI.
02-13-2008, 06:52 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by blackbird
After a long time, I have uninstalled oblivion and reinstalled oblivion with the SI. However the version without Si has been uninstalled and the one with SI needed to be deleted. The SI addition works now. However, I can't install a version of ob anymore without the SI. I don't know if somebody could help me or if somebody could made my ST mods not dependent on the SI.
Don't use the SI assets and it's fine.
If you add (by accident) a SI object I'll remove it from the esp.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD