Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introductions are in order (Book 1)
02-18-2007, 09:30 PM,
Konnichiha/ Hello
I've been working in the Akavir forums, but only recently decided to see what the rest of this website was about. I live in Japan. I am a writer and teacher but was also an art student. I first got into CS because I wanted more Akavir/ Asian things in the game, so my real home provides much inspiration to create Akaviri textures -- like using my washi kite as a tapestry. ^_^ Most of what I make is related to Akavir in some way. Seeing a Dunmer village with an Akavir connection was too good to pass up, so I wanted a home in ST, too. I don't claim to be a retexture artist because there is so much I still don't know; but I work mostly with retexturing and construction, and I'm learning new things as I go along. I would love to learn 3-D modelling someday. My bane is scripting.

Morrowind was such a favorite game, so I'm happy to see it come back to life through Oblivion in some way.

Nice to meet you! ^_^ *bow, bow*
Design Assistant

(Check here for updates. Individual images change often.) My Oblivion Screenshots Collection
02-19-2007, 12:54 AM,

Welcome to Silgrad Tower! I was disappointed at the lack of akaviri stuff in Oblivion. There's just one quest, and that's it. Hopefully the akaviri guys (you included!) can fill that gap.

3-D modelling isn't as hard as you might think. The basics of it are easy, but i guess mastering it takes a long time. But to create tolerable meshes you only have to work through a couple of hours of tutorials, which isn't that much, considering how much is possible to do. Of course the hard part for me is that i have no artistic talant! But you are an art student, so you'll probably do just fine.

Dont' worry about being a beginner though, cause you'll improve tons with practice.

I hate scripting too though... the one thing i'll never love about modding
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
02-19-2007, 09:22 AM,

Wups, this thread must have slipped under my radar after me and the Mrs. moved to our new apartment.

Hey there Xal!! Was it Blekinge Tekniska H?gskola? I grew up on Asp? off the coast of Karlskrona (!). I didn't attend BTH but my sister did for many years and now she works for Ericsson in Karlskrona. It's rare to find another Swede on these forums, let alone someone from/in the city I grew up in. I left in -99 though and have been moving around the country every year or two since then, finally landing myself in Eskilstuna for the second time at Feb. 1st this year.
(for non-Swedes; he's attending a university in the same 'state' I grew up in)

It was an amazing game indeed, and the love for it is what keeps many of us going. Somehow I doubt a similar effort would be launched to bring back the world of Oblivion a few years down the line. I do love Oblivion as a game, but the world is shallower and doesn't have as much depth or as interesting cultures. I wouldn't miss Cyrodiil as much as I miss Morrowind.

Vvardenfell is bringing back Balmora, perhaps you should check that out when you find the time. There are some hurdles left, like not having an interior tileset yet, but Stilgar is working on one so hopefully it'll be ready soon and one can mod interiors. We have an architecturally similar city on our landmass called like our mod, Silgrad Tower, so we're equally anxious to get the tileset. If you liked the Redoran culture a bit too, on the other hand, we have tons of open claims ready to be modded. If you'd like to check that out please the RP claims board Smile

We don't have an IRC channel I'm afraid. Personally, posting on a forum suits me like a glove, I'm the "email-writing" kind of guy rather than an Instant Messenger fan. I like to take my time writing a reply.

Kielanai: Hi there, welcome to our side of the forum! I hope we get to see Akavir in an Elder Scrolls game sometime in the future, it'd be a very different experience for sure. I really liked the Asian influences in Dunmer culture, perhaps especially the distinctive hats of the gondola ferrymen. It looked even better in the concept model renders of Vivec, before they had to go with cantons, but it still turned out very interesting I thought.

Looking forward to checking out your work for the team! Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
02-20-2007, 06:43 PM,

It was the period of late winter when the wheel poised to turn to spring and the first breath of warmth hung expectantly in the night air, waiting for it's time to surplant the chill that lay upon the ground. Night had long since fallen around Silgrad Tower like a heavy silk veil through which the stars peeked down at the affairs of the mortals below, and the air was still and silent.

Yet, in the dark quiet of the evening something wicked stirred, and eldritch magick rose about the old stand of stones outside the city gates, crackling like electricity. The wind arose with a sudden howl and clouds began to pour across the stars of the night with a fury like a raging river. The darkness exploded in fire and anger as the very fabric of the air about the stones sundered and the gates of Oblivion opened at the foot of the sleeping city of innocents...

And from the maw of the fiery gate stepped the black and crimson clad form of an ancient figure of times past, her dark hair blowing about her ebony face like a halo of night, her red eyes alive with unholy flames as she gazed upon the lands she had not seen since ages past once more. Surrounded by the fires of Oblivion, the Daedra strode once more upon the soil of Tamriel, like a legend of the beginning times, a titan come back from the mists of forgotten myths. And the storm above in the heavens screamed her coming, a song of doom and despair...

"Eh, now, what's this about, love? That's my vegetable patch you are burning up there with all that fire and brimstone rubbish," the old farmer said, tapping the daedra on the shoulder with a peeved look.

Turning her gaze of withering evil upon the mortal soul, the daedra spoke, her voice like the haunting siren song of the dead themselves.

"I am the Daedric Goddess Sheikizza, the ancient curse of mortal Tamriel, the Unforgiving Sin of life, the Bearer of the Doom of Mankind."

The farmer squinted at her near-sightedly, and frowned, his face pinched and disbelieving, then he shrugged and pointed his pitch fork back at the burning field near the gate.

"Sorry, love, neva heard of ya. Now, about that Oblivion gate there. Think ya could move it west to Ol' Tate's fields, deary? He would deserve it that one would."

The daedra glared at the worm of a man with murder in her aflame eyes, her ancient body aquiver with rage as she drew down lightening from the sky to strike at the ground as the winds whipped her hair into a crown of violent beauty. "How dare one such as you..."

The old man just smiled and shoke his greyed head and patted her shoulder before wandering back towards the house, tossing a parting bit of wisdom at the enraged daedra.

"Oh, an' ya might wanna rethink the overly dramatic entrance next time, love. folks about these parts don't take to kindly to the pompous stuff, ya know?"

Big Grin

Just a small hello, for any who may remember me from the olden days.

*Waves to Razorwing, Valderon, Quentin and the rest of the team.*
02-20-2007, 07:19 PM,

Howdy Sheikizza

I wasnt around when you were but I am familiar with your work in TES3 great stuff

Were actually involved in some discussion on the Forgotten Forest for TES4 ST and of course were looking to add your Shrine to it, not my call of course, but I'm hoping it will

You planning to stay around for a while?

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
02-20-2007, 09:44 PM,

THAT, is a very nice re-introduction. Big Grin
02-20-2007, 10:13 PM,

Sup, my name is Jeff, 16 years old, beautiful girlfriend [3 months on the 25], I like making weird and demented things AKA Project Kedal ^.^

Oblivion hates my computer becuase I don't have that great of a graphics card, NifSkope also hates my computer. Blender likes me though Big Grin

I'ma try and get Kedal rolling again this summer so it's gonna be awhile.

[Image: 100_0380.jpg]

[Image: Crow1.jpg]
02-25-2007, 04:34 PM,

So...did I scare everybody away?
02-25-2007, 08:36 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Steinaech
So...did I scare everybody away?

the second pic is fine it was the first that got me :eek: :eek:

:lmao:

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
02-25-2007, 10:36 PM,

Sheikizza: Now that has the makings of a great quest! If we ever meet in person, remind me not to piss you off because going by your avatar's personality I would half-expect to get my head ripped off Big Grin

I'm sorry to say Quentin Fortune left the team in early May -06. He came by and said hello once, but that's it. Pity. Valderon checks in every other month or so, but may be retiring officially soon... I think we've been very fortunate to have his support for as long as we did. But on the upside Nakanja is back =)

Steinaech: Always fun to see what teenagers look like these days. Back in my day, the early nineties, anyone not wearing jeans was considered a weirdo. Seriously, the whole school wore blue jeans, which seems pretty strange these days. I still only wear jeans tho. Big Grin
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]