Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invaders Helm/Mask
11-01-2007, 11:33 PM,

If you have any ideas you can always make a quick draw on the one with nothing on it. I personally like the one to the left but the other two are mostly just tests.

Donny:If I make only that part red it'll not really fulfill the purpose of the actual patternmaking. Also if you meant folllow it like a line, that'll not work too good since I can't put red over the black areas since it isn't really the same thing if you can see stuff where it's black. The reason for doing the patterns is to make it a bit more.... personal? Anyhow it's visually neccesary to have the paintings somewhat visible from every "normal" angle. I think that a "jigsaw doll thing"-mask could be quite scary Smile...

DMKW: I could use them all but I am aming for (I think I've said this before) around 5 main types. It is not sure that I'll be the one making the quest and that so I can't really decide anything like that (yet?).

I'll show some more examples as soon as I've made them. Also as said above, you can always post your own ideas here (use the fourth pic). Actually, it's very much appreciated if you show me your ideas since I'm doing a whole lot different things right now and my brain is quite overworked (headaches and sudden short-time-memoryloss Tongue).

I'm going to be completely inactive on this forum for 4 weeks now. The reason is too annoying to explain so I'll only explain it to the swedish guys:
Projektarbeteskolanejobbigsomfanochjagbehövertidsomfanochkännerföratt
göraalltklartprojektarbetetsomfan.
The Beast Who Sliced To Mexico.... why Mexico?
"Not all questions are supposed to have an answer" - Someone
12-08-2007, 12:14 PM,

Well.... I'm supposed to be back this week but now school is taking away a lot of my spare-time. I've bought a drawing tablet for my computer so I'm also busy getting used to drawing on it.

My most current problem is the fact that I cannot get the conformulator to work with the mask completely... I could always have the mask so that you always look forward with it but I would have been quite a bit happier if it could look around as you do with the normal head.

Anyone who's good with the conformulator?
12-08-2007, 02:25 PM,

The masks remind me of Immortal....except the swirly one. I like the two on the left the most.
'Archzz' on Oblivion:
"Lots of you ppl are lucky ur comp runs it.... mine says sumthing about registering online and my ip address....i took it back"
06-05-2008, 11:21 PM,
Goodbye-ish.
I've got sad yet probably quite usual news.

I'm no longer active in the modding scene for oblivion, I've deserted to join the evil mighty CryEngine2 since they made an offer I could not refuse.

As a departing gift/offering, I give you the mask together with an armor & a pair of matching boots and some various texture variations for the mask (only 2 done with models and such). Together with this it is recommended to use the gloves of the Anvil guards since I never got around to making them for the armor.

The mask is not done since it can still not look around as heads usually do.

NAAARGH! (the important stuff)
To actually get access to these files you have to ask me to send them to your e-mail address since the file is too large to upload here (would be really nice if I could though *wink* *wink*).

Since it's basically unfinished there might be problems, if there is, please write in this thread. It has been tested and should be working though.

If anyone feels like uploading the files to planetelderscrolls.com or some other site (preferably planetelderscrolls, really nice site) I'd be most grateful. But of course you have to say it's made by me or else I might get a bit angry.

The screenshots at the end are taken from a movie previously recorded for personal use since my graphics card is probably dying.

I really liked modding for oblivion even though it was harsh at times, but I'll still be here commenting and giving criticism whether you want to or not Tongue

I hope you finish Silgrad Tower so that I can play it some time Smile

Best wishes
/Me
[Image: mplayerc2008-06-0601-08-55-12.jpg]
[Image: mplayerc2008-06-0601-08-34-17.jpg]
[Image: mplayerc2008-06-0601-08-02-23.jpg]
[Image: mplayerc2008-06-0601-06-07-59.jpg]
06-06-2008, 06:57 AM,

ah well, good luck in the future. I understand. CryEngine 2 is just awesome, it's hard to resist not working with it. Smile
06-06-2008, 07:26 PM,

:banana:Fugging awesome!!!! :bananarock:

Might I suggest that quest modders take great care over this and perhaps try playing ThePriest909's brilliant 'Gates to Aesgaard' as inspiration on how to build up tension so that it leads up to something as thoroughly and completely frightening as this? Rather than throwing it in by the bucketload and having it make its first appearance in the daylight, for quality like this, it takes tact to get the most out of it.

The 'Aesgaard' mod was an absolute master-class of sound, lighting, tension, shocks and mission construction. His own modelling was very impressive but the potential for story-telling for this model as regards asking the question 'what the hell is that thing?' is immense. I'd happily write this 'creature?' in if there's no place there already for it.

Personally, I prefer the thing as it is, without the stripes. But having the different 'branding' makes me think that someone is sending these things out with their own stamp on it...like warring assassin groups that are signifying their ownership and each making use of their new toy...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
06-07-2008, 12:09 AM,

I wish you had done this when I requested it for Kydall >.<

Good work though ^.^