Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is High Rock dead?! Far from it!
01-25-2009, 10:43 PM,
Is High Rock dead?! Far from it!
The High Rock boards have been archived, due to the fact that the onl reason they were brought onto the BC in the first place was because of an agreement Braggi & Gyssar had with Razorwing, however because they are gone and lost, Razorwing decided to archive the boards (once again). HOWEVER, all is not lost, because as you may have noticed, High Rock was far from the least dead out of the mods in the BC, and infact we've just secured the (finished and complete) height map from Noirgrim's old High Rock mod, aswell as his permission to use it (and the map he made with it, but it will be altered), which will be region gen'd by Deeza in the comming week or so.
So, the new forums are here, built into our website, so if you are a member of the team, and want to continue, please go there and register. Currently we are moving all relevant threads over onto those boards, such as city threads and faction threads.

Long Live High Rock!

Cheers,
The Old Ye Bard
01-26-2009, 12:55 AM,

For those who may be wondering where the forum section went, it's been moved to our static forum archive. As usual, all the information produced by the project (attachments and all) will remain accessible indefinitely.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
01-29-2009, 12:18 PM,

It is good to know that people are still working on it, even if they are not doing it here. Best of luck TOYB.

The work that continues for both Morrowind and Oblivion is quite amazing.
07-27-2009, 01:58 PM,

So is it dead now?
07-30-2009, 01:07 AM,

Nope. I just laid out the basic outlines of the city of Wayrest yesterday, and TOYB is working on the Isle of Betony for a teaser release. So there is progress, but it's slow.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
07-30-2009, 10:06 AM,

That is nice to hear, you forums seemed kind a dead.
08-05-2009, 02:53 PM,

I was just about to ask the same thing, given that the forum has been silent for two months now. It's good to know there's progress though, and I wish you good luck Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-10-2009, 09:44 PM,

Cool. Glad to know that this mod isstill going.
09-07-2009, 09:02 PM,

Hi Deeza,

I am TheTreasurer, and I heard that you and Senten closed down the Summerset Isles East of Alinor project. I talked to Senten about restarting the project, and he gave me permission to do so. He told me that you have the files for the project. Can you please send me those files so that I can start the project back up again? My website for the mod is http://thetreasurymodding.ning.com/. Thanks.

Please reply,
TheTreasurer

P.S. Yes I know Deeza isn't the author of this thread, but still I need the files for Summerset Isles.
Found work! Big Grin
09-08-2009, 12:42 AM,

If you are going to restart Summerset Isles please don't make the same mistake everyone else did: Don't try to make the whole province! Look at that lovely island to the east... make it about 6-7 cells wide and around 20-25 cells high. You could have one small city (Firsthold) and a small village (Skywatch). Cut all the corners you can: markets instead of merchant districts, small single room dwellings rather than full sized houses (think Morrowind here). Forget about modellers helping you - they won't and never will, instead use modders resources extensively. There are many killer resources out there, all they need is a new texture to make them unique (if you can't do a basic retex it's probably best to give up now). Don't get grandiose with you quest design. 5 hours of simply gameplay should be plenty plus a few more hours of simple misc quests, fetch X, deliver Y, kill Z, etc. Remember - quality rather than quantity!!

Sorry if the above comes of as harsh, but no modder (or group) has ever come close to creating a province. However the mod I outlined above is a totally feasible project that could likely go from nothing to a release in about a year* provided that you stuck to it.

* or two, or maybe three... play Windfall, that'll give you a idea of what you can achieve with three years of modding. Summerset is easily Windfall x5, that's 15 years. It just can't be done.