Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a point in exporting face textures?
05-18-2009, 04:13 PM,
Is there a point in exporting face textures?
There's a feature in the Construction Set that lets you export character faces from a mod. I read a long time ago that it helps performance, so we have a few in Data\textures\faces\Silgrad_Tower.esm. I recently thought about them and figured it was about time I ran an update. But then I thought... is there really any point in doing it? The CS can export local maps too but I don't think Oblivion uses them, so perhaps Oblivion doesn't use (or need) face textures either.

What do you guys think?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-18-2009, 04:18 PM,

i dont think it uses them unless you have asymmetrical face textures
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
05-18-2009, 04:33 PM,
RE: Is there a point in exporting face textures?
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
I read a long time ago that it helps performance, ....

What do you guys think?
The CS wiki states that it improves performance but I never noticed a problem with customized faces.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-18-2009, 07:49 PM,

Thankyou for the information Smile

I checked "Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa" and there does appear to be one face texture for every NPC in the main game. Perhaps it's only an issue on Xbox360? Or perhaps the issue is only noticeable in situations where the engine is pushed.

I guess it's better to have them than not to have them, since all they do is add on a bit more to the BSA size.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]