Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Region Updates
06-23-2008, 03:25 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by nick_op
One thing I've spotted in the screenshots is the noticable tiling effect on the mip maps of the mucksheets. It might be worth making the mip maps a bit more uniform to get rid of the tiling.
Yeah, that mucksheet isn't going to tile like that. I hope. Big Grin I think it's going to be a larger texture and the UV map will cover the texture only once. I'll contact Razorwing when he gets back.

But your comment about mipmaps did remind me of something... Smile Does anyone have a decent mipmap generator that they'd be willing to use on a few textures? The one I'm using is rather poor, and it has been causing a few problems... I only found out about this fault recently.
07-05-2009, 07:13 PM,

It's been a while since a full heightmap image of our landmass was made, so I made one for anyone who's curious. Smile This is how the shape of the landmass looks right now:

[Image: th_Map.jpg]

I assembled it from screenshots taken in the Construction Set's heighmap editor, so there may be a few irregularities. However, it is clear that the detail of the landscape has changed considerably since the creation of this map in July-07 (two years ago).

It'll probably change somewhat further with the generation of the Silgrad Hills, the Borderlands, the new region northeast of Silgrad Tower, and the Velothi Mountains. And even more after that as modders customize the landscape. Big Grin

I'll create another map after the generation of the remaining regions.
07-06-2009, 07:20 AM,

Thanks! :goodjob:
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-06-2009, 11:31 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
It's been a while since a full heightmap image of our landmass was made, so I made one for anyone who's curious. Smile This is how the shape of the landmass looks right now:

[Image: th_Map.jpg]

I assembled it from screenshots taken in the Construction Set's heighmap editor, so there may be a few irregularities. However, it is clear that the detail of the landscape has changed considerably since the creation of this map in July-07 (two years ago).

It'll probably change somewhat further with the generation of the Silgrad Hills, the Borderlands, the new region northeast of Silgrad Tower, and the Velothi Mountains. And even more after that as modders customize the landscape. Big Grin

I'll create another map after the generation of the remaining regions.

Nice work! :goodjob:

I look forward to the next version as well. For that version, would it be possible to put an icon where Soluthis is? I've been meaning to run a new local map generation of the whole city and I should have no trouble creating if the graphic, if you would be ok with overlaying it on the next version of your map.

I posted a news item and updated our map page.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
12-03-2009, 05:23 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
I look forward to the next version as well. For that version, would it be possible to put an icon where Soluthis is? I've been meaning to run a new local map generation of the whole city and I should have no trouble creating if the graphic, if you would be ok with overlaying it on the next version of your map.
I will do that for the cities the next time I make a map. :yes:

black[/hr]
The Forgotten Forest and the Silgrad Hills have been generated. Following an internal discussion, we won't be adding any more playable regions until after we reach a stage where we can release what we have so far (ST 3.0). In the meantime, the Borderlands and the new region will be generic, inaccessible areas.

Many thanks go to sandor for the lengthy generation of the regions. :goodjob:

Also of note are that most of the roads have been modded, with many thanks to Anastassia, blackbird, Fredrik14, Razorwing, sandor, TheImperialDragon, and Zurke who have all contributed enormously to this joint effort. The only roads that need finishing are the roads in the Ashunor Valley (currently being worked on and finalized by myself), and the roads in the Forgotten Forest.

I attached two screenshots showing some sample generated (uncustomized) landscape of the Silgrad Hills: