Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue With Ebbedin Mods
07-28-2006, 06:06 PM,
Issue With Ebbedin Mods
Ok, I am able to mod an Ebbedin plugin, but I need to know a few things related to editing it. Ebbedin (currently) is set as an ESM.

1.Should I turn the Ebbedin.esm into a .esp?

2.Should I make a separate mod that adds stuff to the Ebbedin.esm, and if I do that, how do I remove the requirement that it needs the Ebbedin.esm if I want to combine the two into an esm?

3. Is there a way to just edit an esm?
Lol what?
07-28-2006, 06:11 PM,
RE: Issue With Ebbedin Mods
The best way to do it is to keep it an .esp until you're finished with that part of it (ie, the landmass), then convert it to an .esm.

For every .esp that you are finished with, merge it with the .esm. Similar to Reich Parkeep's claims.

You can always convert the .esm back to .esp for if you must edit it. Make sure you keep backups, in an archive.
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
07-28-2006, 10:53 PM,

The cool thing about Oblivion is that plugins can do anything to an esm, unlike in Morrowind. You can delete, change and add anything you like. So these days it's a rather good idea to turn it permanently into an esm and then mod on it through plugins dependant on that esm, using TES4 Plugin Utility to merge the plugin to the master. Of course, tying in with what noremorse said, there's no point in turning it into an esm until you're starting to think of releasing it for others to play or contribute to.

Oh, and be careful so your plugin doesn't affect anything at all in Cyrodiil. Smile Turns out that was what caused the RP esm to be bugged, and it'll save ya a bit of hassle if you avoid changing anything there from the get-go. The same with Reich Parkeep, or any other esm, since esm's really can't affect other esm's without problems occuring.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-28-2006, 11:00 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
The cool thing about Oblivion is that plugins can do anything to an esm, unlike in Morrowind. You can delete, change and add anything you like. So these days it's a rather good idea to turn it permanently into an esm and then mod on it through plugins dependant on that esm, using TES4 Plugin Utility to merge the plugin to the master. Of course, tying in with what noremorse said, there's no point in turning it into an esm until you're starting to think of releasing it for others to play or contribute to.

Oh, and be careful so your plugin doesn't affect anything at all in Cyrodiil. Smile Turns out that was what caused the RP esm to be bugged, and it'll save ya a bit of hassle if you avoid changing anything there from the get-go. The same with Reich Parkeep, or any other esm, since esm's really can't affect other esm's without problems occuring.

About the RP problem, how about you delete the references it complains about, then re-attach them afterwards in a different plugin?
07-28-2006, 11:02 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
About the RP problem, how about you delete the references it complains about, then re-attach them afterwards in a different plugin?

The new version won't have that problem, thanks to sandor. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-29-2006, 12:07 AM,

If affecting Cyrodill was the problem, i can understand cheydinhal disappearing, but why was my chorrol gone?
Lol what?
07-29-2006, 12:08 AM,

Actually, everything in my game vanished, except the land LOD, after I reinstalled which is weird... RP shows up fine though...
07-29-2006, 01:26 AM,

do you have oblivion.esm cancelled?
Lol what?
07-29-2006, 01:28 AM,

Why?
07-29-2006, 06:53 PM,

that's the only reason I could think of for all of cyrodiil to disappear.
Lol what?