Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Item question
03-31-2008, 08:38 PM,
Item question
Okay, I own the GotY edition of Oblivion for my PS3, and I've been in the Shivering Isles. I'm pretty sure that, if you play a GotY save on the regular Oblivion, everything will be the same, the Shivering Isles just won't exist anymore. My question is, if I buy a weapon from the Shivering Isles, like an Amber Sword, and then I save my game and play that same save on a regular Oblivion game, will I still have that Amber Sword I bought? Thanks in advance.
03-31-2008, 09:52 PM,

Well, i'm not sure how the PS3 handles things like the ESM and plugins and such, but theoretically, no. The game does not know what an "Amber Sword" is without Shivering Isles, and indeed has no idea how or where the data for the sword is (model and texture-wise)

However, if you get something in Shivering Isles that exists in the regular oblivion, i am fairly certain you will have it in the regular oblivion.

probably best not to switch between regular oblivion and Shivering Isles oblivion, just so that you don't lose any really cool stuff
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
03-31-2008, 10:56 PM,

Ah, I see. Thanks. I wanted to know, because I had this project. Me being a writer, I have my own share of fictional characters. I wanted to bring them to life so I have been trying to make MUGENS of them, and do so other things, including making Oblivion game saves of each characrer, and the Amber Sword was the only sword that really fit one of my characters.

I was going to host the files for download. I guess I should warn people that certain saves only work with the Shivering Isles expansion. Thanks again.