Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jobs Taken/To Be Done
04-17-2008, 01:34 AM,
Dumac Backstory
Hi, I was just wondering if I could try out for the lore posisition. I'm modding claim 5-4 at TR which happens to contain the Dwemer ruin of Dumac. I've put a lot of thought into the city's backstory and here is what I came up with. The city was origionaly a fortress. Used to drive the nords out of the Velothi Mountains. Its excellent location made it an excelent strategic location. Once the Dwemer had been driven off the kingdom of Resdayn formed and Dumac chose to make the fortress his home. The city thrived under the new kingdom and under the wise rule of Dumac it became the political center of the Velothi Mountains. It remained a magnificent city until the Dwemer dissapered without a trace. Then the city fell and all that remained was the machienes and empty halls that stretch deep into the mountains. Thats my lore background for the city. If you don't want me for the job I understand. Sorry if I put this in the wrong spot.
04-17-2008, 02:11 AM,

It's as good a place as any. We're a bit disorganized Big Grin.

That's about the extent of the lore we've already got in place (perfect agreement really).

I'm not sure if the position's open, but here's what we really need from a lore guy - Make the dwemer in Dumac more believable. What was their government structure? What traces of that will we see in the city? Are the 4 entrance tests up to lore standards? What else of their culture can we show?

There's also a literary element if you're interested:

One thing i'd love to have developed is official correspondence between the Dwemer and the Chimer before the battle of Red Mountain. Dumac, as you said, was the political center of the Velothi Mountains, so surely they will have archives of letters between the two great empires of the time.

So yeah, that's what we're basically looking for in a lore-person. Make sure we don't get out of line lore-wise, and develop the lore and culture of the Dwemer at Dumac.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-17-2008, 03:50 AM,

I'll be glad to do anything. Smile

Here are some of my thoughts on the goverment of Dumac City.
Deep in the ruins is Lord Dumac's chambers. The main room is his throne room. With his throne in the middle surrounded by 7 chairs on each side. On the chairs to the right sit 7 Dwemer. On the left 7 Chimer. Each member of his court was a represenative of a far away settlement. His court was the only of the day that you could find Dwemer sitting by Chimer and it expressed his power and his strong friendship with Vivecc. Behind his throne was the royal chambers. Thats where the members of the court would reside and in the back of those chambers is Lord Dumac's Quarters. In his chambers was his study. It was a massive library and research center where the finest smiths in the land would serve him by working constantly on constructs and researching the elements and learning how to master them. Also in the royal chambers were the scholars. In his library were records of the war with the nords, including tales of battles that have been long lost. In the study was Dumac's Personal Journal. It is locked in its own chamber behind the kings bed. In the chamber it is guarded by his constructs that were crafted by his greatest smiths. In that journal he wrote down every single thought. Every opion he had. He had books that described how to travel to the outer realms and how to control the weather. The basic research that led to the invention of the Karstangz-Bcharn. His library was the mightyest of its time but has since faded into legend, then into myth.

That may be to lore breaking, but maby some of it can be used. Smile
04-17-2008, 03:08 PM,

i will help ya if ya needed, neraver im quite into lore. as i am with every game which ahs a decent story :yes: :yesSadbtw did ya know that for me you guys are posting in the early morning, so dont wait for answers from me, since i live quite far away Tongue)
Utterly Crazy Writer of Dumac City
04-18-2008, 01:01 AM,

Thanks Danaran, =) any advice you have I'll be glad to take Smile

I've thought of some ideas for the archives. The letters are about the times when the Nords started to attack. One of the letters if from the Nerevar and if from the time that the Nords just started to invade. In it Dumac had asked the Nerevar to assist him in the fight aginst the invaders who were terrorizing the Velothi Mountains and destroying outpost after outpost. Lord Nerevar knew that the Velothi Mountains would fall into Nord hands if he did not assist the Dwemer in battle. He also knew that when the Velothi Mountains were completly conquered there would be nothing between his people and the Nords. If he went and aided Dumac the Chimer would be angry and refuse to fight, but if he waited the last thing between him and the enemey would fall and the Chimer were simply not strong enough alone to defend aginst the invaders. When it looked like all was lost the Nords made a major mistake. One of their armies began to raid Chimer settlements and Nerevar, upset for the losses and angry at the invadors, managed to pursuade the Chimer people that they have to help their enemies in their time of need and to seek vengence for all those villages that have suffered due to the recent raids. The Nerevar wrote a letter to Dumac telling him where the nord army had set up camp and in it was battle plans. The Chimer would come from the plains while the Dwemer from the mountains. They would surround the army and that would be the turning point of the war. Nerevar and Dumac learned to deeply respect each other after that battle and that united the races.

There could be other letters trying to convince Dumac to stay away from the Chimer and that the Dwemer were better off on their own. Other letters could envolve the red mountain and lorkan's heart.

Those are some possible letter ideas. I'll be thinking about some more. Hope that helps some. Smile
04-18-2008, 11:09 AM,

indeed some quite good ideas, though there also could be some war reporst, fromt eh war between the Chimer and the Dwemer, like things needed or if troops were coming to Dumac or were ordered to leave Dumac, so on.
Btw can someone change me name at the first page, it still stands as shadowcore Cool
04-18-2008, 02:18 PM,

Howdy

You are all welcome to make up whatever backstory you'd like for this, as long as it is within the guidelines of ES lore

One think I noticed here:

Dwemer sitting by Chimer and it expressed his power and his strong friendship with Vivecc

Dumac's friendship was with Nerevar not Vivec Smile

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
04-18-2008, 09:23 PM,

My bad, sometimes when I'm typeing I type in the wrong names. I meant Nerevar. Sorry about that. Smile
04-18-2008, 09:46 PM,

Yeah, i do the same exact thing, especially since i haven't really played TES3 much.

Added El Neraver to the jobs list under lore. :check:

Changed Shadowcore to Danaran. :check:

Listen, If you guys want to really get serious about lore and literature, try making a few books, letters, official notes of correspondence, telegrams, or any other method of communication you can think of.

You can post an entire thread for lore and literature development, and that way, we can see everything that's going on.

Lore and Literature could also be developed separately - have a thread for brainstorming what events and correspondence could have taken place in the build up to Red Mountain, and then either Danaran or El Neraver can make the discussions into in-game books.

If you don't know how to format a book for TES4 (involves basic HTML) don't worry, send me the text and i'll try to get it ingame in a decent fashion.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-18-2008, 09:59 PM,

I thinks thats something for me, ill go work on it the morning. good night now

And indeed i do need ya to make it in format for dumac, but ill send the things to ya when i made a bunch.