Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just to say, 2 Thumbs up!
06-06-2011, 07:05 PM,
Just to say, 2 Thumbs up!
Woke up this morning with a strange word in my brain... Silgrad.
Where the hell have I seen that word? On a map? Maybe on the internet?
That doesn't even sound like a real place... what the f...

Then I realized what it was, and I looked this forum up. WOW.

Most of you probably don't remember me, and well, truthfully, I might not remember you. Years ago I imagined I'd be able to help lead a modding project to create the Black Marsh in TES4 Oblivion. Hell, I even thought I could make Vvardenfell. If anyone knew the ins and outs of the maps, the NPCs, and the lore - it was me. Goddamn, it seems almost like another life-time ago. I can't remember 99% of this stuff no more....

Quite honestly, I failed. All the conceptualizing, drawing, talking, etc. didn't seem to make much progress. Much of my ideas, though creative and interesting, were overly ambitious, unimplementable, or just not top priority. I lacked the organizational, leadership, and executive skills I have now as well as maturity and wisdom. I did not have the finances to even buy a better PC! In my defense, I was constantly working throughout that time (highschool) to pay for college. That has been a very very difficult task, but I'm doing alright currently.

I left behind half-completed ideas, a somewhat disorganized forum, and the foundations of something that could be great. I hope whatever concepts I've left behind have been useful and not too hard to implement. Feel free to scrap, use, or change anything I've envisioned - it's your project. I'mma give ya'll thumbs up for the effort. Keep it up!

:goodjob:
06-06-2011, 07:29 PM,

Wow! KuKulzA! Perhaps our greatest founding father... :bow:

Respect..though you're quite right. This place only really took off properly in modding terms about 2-3 years ago. Hell, stick around, bud! It would be great having you popping by now and then. :goodjob:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
06-06-2011, 07:42 PM,

Hi KuKulzA! It's nice to finally hear from you in person! I'm sort of your successor around here in the lore department, so I was already very familiar with your work from the early days.

You may be surprised how many of your ideas eventually made it into the mod in one form or another. To just think of a few, the Royal Court faction, the Parchlands region, the basic design for the Paatru race, the Sload presence in the region, even the names and approximate locations of the villages.

You've been a big influence on the project long after you formally left it.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
06-06-2011, 08:44 PM,

Yes, we've certainly kept a fair amount of the writings and ideas. Hey, if you're interested, you may wish to take part in your own homage: RERI0102 "Nu-Tlak: KuKulZa's Gatehouse" (Claimed) . DoZeNt is down as having claimed it but I haven't heard from him for a while. I'm sure he'd be fine with you taking it if you fancied it...after all, it's you! Big Grin
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
06-06-2011, 09:42 PM,

Hi Kulkuza!

I've heard of you...heck, I've even modeled some of your concept art.

I modeled that Dres Scuttler, based on the concept art you did for it ( I also have been working on the Paatru) :

http://imageshack.us/g/541/dresscuttler01.jpg/

Cool

I hope you do drop in every now and then. You really have been a big influence on this project.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
06-07-2011, 05:45 PM,

A bit of a treasure trove, huh?
06-07-2011, 09:37 PM,

iiiincoming xDDD

Hi Kukulza, I didn't have the pleasure of working with you, but I think it's Great that you are here now. I'd say we just must get this project completed..
Yes, I am having a little break from modding and you can make your gatehouse as you like it yourself! Warm greetings!

p.s. and again, please forgive my poor english ^_^